These Black Friday 2018 travel deals have dropped early
Plus, intel on who's launching sales on Friday.
Black Friday. It's the big shopping event that everybody who knows their bargains gets behind... and it's happening this Friday.
Clear the calendar and tell the boss you're sick because it's shaping up to be an amazing one.
While not officially kicking off until 12.01am on Friday, some travel companies already have pipped the sale to the post, boasting early deals to get you to your holiday faster and beat the pack. Here's the best of them:
Flight Centre: International flights from $439 return
Coined Red Thursday, Flight Centre has hijacked Black Friday a day early delivering a welcome swag of cheap flights, hotel deals, holiday packages and tours.
Flights include Brisbane-Bali from $439, Melbourne-Phuket from $499 and Sydney-Los Angeles from $965 return.
- Sale ends: 23:59pm on 23 November 2018
- Book with: Flight Centre
G Adventures: Up to 35% off tours
Small tours experts G Adventures has slashed the cost of select tours worldwide in its Cyber Sale.
The biggest discounts of 35% off are on specific tours such as Delhi to Kathmandu which is down to $1,390 from $2,139 and a marine tour from Ho Chi Minh City to Siem Reap for $1,832, down from $2,819.
There are also a slew of Cuba tours on sale at up to 30% off.
- Sale ends: 4pm, 27 November 2018
- Book with: G Adventures
Hotels.com: 50% off + bonus 10% off with code
Need a room? Hotels.com has delivered mammoth deals on its extensive library of hotels with 50% off on stays worldwide. Plus, use this code and you'll score a bonus 10% off.
To score these discounts, you'll have to stay between 21 November and 31 March 2019. Sadly, major chains are excluded from the sale but we're sure a stack of them will be participating in Black Friday to make up for it.
- Sale ends: 27 November 2018
- Book with: Hotels.com
RedBalloon: Up to 50% off + extra 10% off with code
One of our favourite experience websites RedBalloon kicked off its Black Friday and Cyber Monday sale super early. But that's OK because it gives us that much more time to plan and book our next activities.
Discounts run up to 50% off and you can then take a further 10% off that with this code.
- Sale ends: 11.59pm, 26 November 2018
- Book with: RedBalloon
Wotif: 15% off select stays
Save the big bucks on your next hotel - or even afford that swanky 5-star suite with 15% off select stays when booked through Wotif.
Key in this code when booking and watch the dollars just disappear. Sale is valid for stays of 2+ nights taken before 31 December 2019.
- Sale ends: 26 November 2018
- Book with: Wotif
CruiseAway: $10 deposits
You don't need to max out your Afterpay account to set your sights on a cruise holiday with CruiseAway letting you save your spot for just $10.
Choose from literally hundreds of cruises that pull up anchor between now and 2020.
Start browsing now.
- Sale ends: 30 November 2018
- Book with: CruiseAway
Qatar: Up to 10% off flights
One of the best airlines in the world is letting you fly on its 5-star full-service planes across its entire network at up to 10% off.
You'll have to input this code when you book to get your discount. Its available on economy class flights to select European destinations including London, Paris, Athens, Berlin, Rome and Milan until 30 June 2019.
- Sale ends: 27 November 2018
- Book with: Qatar Airways
Adrenaline: Up to 50% off experiences + bonus $40 off
Once flights and accommodation are sorted your next step is to book those fun activities. You could leave this to the last or you could book and bag a bargain with Adrenaline.
From now until the end of Cyber Weekend, Adrenaline has up to 50% off activities. Plus, if you use this code you'll also score an additional $40 off on purchases of $195+.
How much will you save?
- Sale ends: 23:59pm on 24 November 2018
- Book with: Adrenaline
Trafalgar: Up to 20% off Europe, Scandinavia and Russia tours
The tour group specialists are taking up to 20% off 15 of its top tours through Eastern Europe, Scandinavia and Russia.
The code to use to get your deal is here and departures are available from April to November 2019.
- Sale ends: 26 November 2018
- Book with: Trafalgar
Tigerair: Pay to Go, Come Back For $1 sale
While not strictly a Black Friday sale, we couldn't help but share this hot flight deal with you. It's in celebration of Tigerair's 11th birthday and features one-way flights from $69.95 or return fares for an extra $1. That's $70.95 return if you'd prefer us to do the maths.
- Sale ends: Midday, 23 November 2018
- Book with: Flight Finder
But wait, there's more: Here are the companies definitely participating in Black Friday
Our inbox is flooded with sneak peeks and teasers that something "big" is coming on Friday with these travel companies and we can only guess it's a Black Friday sale.
Here's who's definitely in, for you to keep an eye on this Friday.
- Flight Centre: Flight Centre might have its Red Thursday sale running but that ends Thursday midnight, giving way to a Black Friday sale that we're anticipating to be bigger and better.
- STA Travel: Deals are currently unknown but there is a page with a countdown on it for Black Friday on STA Travel's website.
- Travel Talk Tours: Up to 70% off from 23–26 November.
- TourRadar: Up to 75% off tours on sale from 23–27 November. Sign up to shop the sale a day early.
- Expedia: Up to 75% off with coupon on sale from 23 November at 9am.
- Insight Vacations: Up to 20% off trips in Spain, Portugal and Morocco.
- AirAsia: 20% off AirAsia flights to Kuala Lumpur from Sydney, Melbourne, Gold Coast and Perth. On sale from 23–26 November for travel between 17 June and 15 November 2019.
- Royal Caribbean: Up to 50% off cruises. On sale from 10am, 23 November until 9.59am, 26 November.
- Intrepid: Up to 30% off select trips. On sale 23–30 November.
- $4 million in travel vouchers for South Australians: Are you eligible?
- 10 most popular travel destinations for Australians in 2021
- South Australia reopens border with NSW: What to know before you go
- Queensland reopens its borders to select NSW areas: Here’s what you need to know
- WA travel vouchers: Who qualifies for the $1 million in free travel?