See what The Witcher could have been in this previously unreleased tech demo
Check out Geralt looking a whole lot more polygonal than he normally does.
Following on from its comprehensive documentary on The Witcher last month, Polish video company arhn.eu has unearthed more never-before-seen details on the development of the popular RPG series.
In a new video, ex-Metropolis developers Kacper Reutt and Jarek Sobierski show off the early tech demo that the studio put together for the ultimately unfinished game, revealing how heavily inspired their version of The Witcher was by games of the time like Resident Evil and Silent Hill.
Jarek discovered the source code for this tech demo among his old files from the abandoned 1997 project, and it's only thanks to arhn.eu's earlier video that he thought to dig around and discover this gem of video game history. Occasions like this reinforce how easy it is for video games to be swallowed by the sands of time and how important video game preservation is to the medium.
- Humble Classics Return Bundle: Where the best deals are
- Old Aussie rivalries live on in upcoming esports league
- Xbox One owners can save big on Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Star Wars Battlefront II and more right now
- March’s Games With Gold line-up is super hot
- Secret of Mana Review (PS4): What the hell did you do Square Enix?