See what The Witcher could have been in this previously unreleased tech demo
Check out Geralt looking a whole lot more polygonal than he normally does.
Following on from its comprehensive documentary on The Witcher last month, Polish video company arhn.eu has unearthed more never-before-seen details on the development of the popular RPG series.
In a new video, ex-Metropolis developers Kacper Reutt and Jarek Sobierski show off the early tech demo that the studio put together for the ultimately unfinished game, revealing how heavily inspired their version of The Witcher was by games of the time like Resident Evil and Silent Hill.
Jarek discovered the source code for this tech demo among his old files from the abandoned 1997 project, and it's only thanks to arhn.eu's earlier video that he thought to dig around and discover this gem of video game history. Occasions like this reinforce how easy it is for video games to be swallowed by the sands of time and how important video game preservation is to the medium.
- Detroit: Become Human Review: No fate but what we manage to screw up in a QTE
- The PS5 will launch in 2020 hints Sony CEO John Kodera
- Razer Blade 15 and Core X revealed: Everything you need to know
- Perth will be the first to turn when the zombie apocalypse hits
- Where to find the best price on State of Decay 2 in Australia