The Walking Dead: Our World adds zombies to the Pokémon GO formula
Can lightning strike twice for augmented reality mobile games?
Like its inspiration, The Walking Dead: Our World is an augmented reality game that pits you against virtual enemies in the real world. Undead "walkers" will roam the streets, shuffle into shops and even moan their way through your home, and you'll have to take them down using weapons you find scattered throughout your neighbourhood.
Co-op seems to play as big a role as it does in Pokémon GO, and in addition to other real-life players, characters from the show, such as Rick and Michonne, will pop up to help you clear out the undead hordes.
While the trailer makes the game look suitably intense, Pokémon GO's initial trailer proved to be wildly different from what that game turned out to be, so it's probably wise to temper your excitement before fantasising about living out your post-apocalyptic dreams.
The Walking Dead: Our World will be hitting iOS and Android devices soon.
- Humble Classics Return Bundle: Where the best deals are
- Old Aussie rivalries live on in upcoming esports league
- Xbox One owners can save big on Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Star Wars Battlefront II and more right now
- March’s Games With Gold line-up is super hot
- Secret of Mana Review (PS4): What the hell did you do Square Enix?