You’ve been saving all year and counting down the days till you jet off on your holiday, but there is absolutely nothing worse than forgetting to pack some essential items.
You know your holiday is close when you begin the packing process. If you’re one of those of people who leaves it till the last minute, you’ll need a checklist to ensure you don’t forget any essential items at home. Have you ever had that “I’ve definitely forgotten something” feeling before? There is nothing worse than landing and realising you’ve forgotten your phone charger, adaptor or makeup remover.
We’re not saying you should take everything from this list, but it should point you in the right direction when packing. Be sure to check the weight allowance of your airline before you pack; no-one likes to pay extra at the check-in desk, and you definitely don’t want to be having to take three jumpers and two pairs of shoes with you on the flight.
- Visa (check this before you fly)
- Travel insurance details (print this off before you leave)
- E-ticket and flight details for both ways
- Photocopies of your passport (email a copy to yourself)
- Driver’s licence (if you’re going to rent a car)
- Malaria tablets (if required in the region you’re headed to)
- Proof of vaccinations (may be needed for some countries)
- Emergency money and maybe a spare credit card
- EHIC card
Hot weather items
- Lots of t-shirts
- Beach towel (separate to bath towel)
- Insect repellent and bite cream
- Swimming costume
- Beach bag (separate to normal bag - no-one likes sand everywhere!)
- Goggles/snorkelling gear
- Flip flops
Cold Weather items
- Lip balm for chapped lips
- Hot water bottle
- Thermal clothing
- Dressing gown
- Thick socks
- Long-sleeved tops
- Waterproof jacket
- Eye mask
- Sleep attire
- Shaving equipment
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Dry shampoo
- Shower gel
- Travel sickness tablets
- Waterproof mascara
- Face wash
- Face wipes
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Hair bands
- Bobby pins
- Hair dryer
- Hair straightener
- Foreign adapters
- Phone charger
- Foreign sim card
- Lock and key for suitcase
- Phrase book
- Playing cards
- Plastic bag for dirty laundry
- Flight socks
- Travel pillow for the flight
- Bath towel
- Small mirror
- Sealable bag for toiletries
- Camera and spare batteries
- Hand sanitiser
- Extension lead for multiple appliances
Still looking to book something and want a great deal?
Valid on select Intrepid tours worldwide including destinations like France, Italy, Japan, Cuba, India and Cambodia. Sample tours on sale include 40% off Sail Italy - Amali to Procida, 40% off Cote d'Azur Sailing Adventure - Marseille to Nice and 30% off Croatia and Greece Sailing Adventures.
Valid on flights between 13 January - 28 March 2017 and 27 September - 22 November 2017. Sample fares include Brisbane to Istanbul for $2,011 economy, Brisbane Belgrade for $2,022 economy, Brisbane to Rabart for $2,025 and more. Other destinations include Brussels, Venice, Milan, Zurich etc. Conditions apply.
Show code & visit siteCI****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Up to 20% off stays
Valid on advance bookings at participating hotels in Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific and the Americas only and is subject to availability. Most hotels define advanced bookings as one month in advance. Subject to change. See site for details.
Up to 15% off stays
Valid at select hotels in Europe, the Middle East and Africa and subject to availability. Sample destinations include Dublin, Glasgow, Bristol, London, Helsinki, Stockholm, Vienna, Brussels, Paris, Lyon, Amsterdam, Dubai, Jeddah, Riyadh, Doha, Muscat, Kuwait, Beirut.