Save on your spending and pay down your debt – a low balance transfer rate with up to 55 interest-free days on purchases.
The Rock Low Rate Mastercard, as its name implies, charges a low variable rate that applies to purchases you make on your card. An introductory balance transfer rate is also on offer and stays in place for 12 months. If you ensure you pay your closing balance in full every month you can get up to 55 interest free days on purchases, and those purchases receive protection through complimentary insurance covers.
No longer offered in the market
The The Rock Low Rate Mastercard is no longer available for new applications. However, we've kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
You can compare the current range of Low Rate credit cards here.
Benefits of the Rock Low Rate Mastercard
- Balance transfer offer. You can use the Rock Low Rate Mastercard to transfer balances from existing cards and take advantage of a low balance transfer rate of 0% p.a. for 12 months. At the end of this period, any outstanding amount starts attracting the card's cash advance rate.
- Low rate. This credit card charges a low variable rate of 12.99% p.a. on purchases, which can be particularly beneficial if you don't pay your balances in full each month.
- Complimentary insurances. This low rate card provides protection to purchases through a guaranteed pricing scheme and purchase cover insurance.
- Use anywhere, anytime. Mastercard finds acceptance in most countries around the world, so you can look forward to using this card internationally at EFTPOS terminals and ATMs alike. You can also use it for purchases and bill payments online and over the phone.
The Rock Low Rate Mastercard features
- Annual fee. If you apply for this card during an ongoing offer period, you get to keep paying a discounted annual fee of $49 for the life of the card.
- Balance transfers. A low 0% p.a. balance transfer rate for 12 months can lead to noticeable savings in the form of interest, especially if you transfer balances from a higher interest rate card. The total of transferred balances cannot exceed 80% of your credit limit.
- Interest-free days. If you can pay your account’s closing balance completely each month you can get as many as 55 interest-free days on purchases.
- Complimentary insurances. Purchases you make using your Low Rate Mastercard receive protection through a guaranteed pricing scheme and purchase cover insurance.
- Additional cards. You can request for up to 4 additional cards linked to your primary card. Primary cardholders should be at least 16 years of age.
- Card security. This microchip-enabled card offers more protection against fraudulent use in the physical world when compared to cards with magnetic strips. When your card details make it to the online world, SecureCode provides an additional layer of security. Fraudshield monitors your card activity and notifies you upon detecting suspicious transactions immediately.
- Mastercard PayPass. This convenient feature enables you to make contactless payments for purchases under $100, anywhere you see the PayPass symbol.
If you’re looking for a low rate card with a balance transfer offer, this card is a good one to use, but given that you can come by other cards that offer similar features, take some time to compare a few.Back to top