The Punisher reveals his revenge plans in brutal new trailer
Frank Castle has a lot of anger to work out in his upcoming superhero series.
Netflix today dropped an ominous new trailer for its next superhero series The Punisher. As you might expect, there's plenty of grizzly violence as the Punisher himself, Frank Castle, recalls the horrors he's both endured and meted out. All those gruesome memories drive Castle to set out on a revenge mission; one where he plans to clean up the streets by whatever means necessary.
The Punisher will serve as a spin-off of Daredevil, with Deborah Ann Woll reprising her role as Matt Murdock's assistant Karen Page. In Daredevil, Page was the one person Frank Castle connected with, and it'll be interesting to see how The Punisher explores this idea.
Alongside the trailer, Netflix confirmed that The Punisher will be released globally before the end of 2017.
If you're keen for more superhero shenanigans, Netflix just released the first season of The Defenders last week, which sees Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist team up in a frantic battle to save New York City.
- The best TV shows and movies to stream this week: Homecoming and Outlaw King
- This week in streaming: Netflix gets more Mystery Science Theatre 3000 and No Activity returns to Stan
- Answering Kayo Sports’ three biggest questions
- 10 of the best Vampire shows to sink your teeth into
- The best musicals you can stream in Australia