The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, the next comedy from the creators of Gilmore Girls, hits Amazon Prime Video next month
A comedy about comedy, from the creators of one the most popular comedies of all time.
Amazon has today revealed the latest original series heading to its streaming service Amazon Prime Video.
Titled The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, the show takes a trip back to New York City in 1958, following Miriam "Midge" Maisel (played by Rachel Brosnahan of House of Cards fame) as she leaves her perfect family life behind for a career in stand-up comedy. Plenty of other big names join Brosnahan, too, with Tony Shalhoub (Monk) playing Miriam's father, Michael Zegen (Boardwalk Empire) playing Miriam's husband and Marin Hinkle (Two and a Half Men) playing Miriam's mother.
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel comes from Amy Sherman-Palladino and Daniel Palladino, creators of the hit comedy Gilmore Girls. The pilot episode is already available for Amazon Prime Video members and can be watched here. The full series will hit Amazon Prime Video on Wednesday 29 November.
Amazon recently showed off another of its original series, with a teaser for Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan.
- Runaways: Should you tune in for the new Marvel show?
- The biggest new releases coming to Netflix, Stan, hayu and Foxtel this week
- Everything Sucks! Season 1 review: Young love hopes and 90s tropes spring eternal
- E-League FIFA 18 competition kicks off tonight on Fox Sports
- Where to stream gymnastics in Australia