The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, the next comedy from the creators of Gilmore Girls, hits Amazon Prime Video next month
A comedy about comedy, from the creators of one the most popular comedies of all time.
Amazon has today revealed the latest original series heading to its streaming service Amazon Prime Video.
Titled The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, the show takes a trip back to New York City in 1958, following Miriam "Midge" Maisel (played by Rachel Brosnahan of House of Cards fame) as she leaves her perfect family life behind for a career in stand-up comedy. Plenty of other big names join Brosnahan, too, with Tony Shalhoub (Monk) playing Miriam's father, Michael Zegen (Boardwalk Empire) playing Miriam's husband and Marin Hinkle (Two and a Half Men) playing Miriam's mother.
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel comes from Amy Sherman-Palladino and Daniel Palladino, creators of the hit comedy Gilmore Girls. The pilot episode is already available for Amazon Prime Video members and can be watched here. The full series will hit Amazon Prime Video on Wednesday 29 November.
Amazon recently showed off another of its original series, with a teaser for Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan.
- New on Netflix Australia and Stan in June 2018: Farewell Sense8, we hardly know youse
- Where to watch Fahrenheit 451 online in Australia
- The Fab Five are coming to Sydney to celebrate Queer Eye Season 2
- Where to watch the 2018 UEFA Champions League Final online in Australia
- Gem Finder: Happy! Is the most bonkers show you’ll binge this year