Breath of the Wild gets even bigger with a new look at its upcoming DLC
New enemies, new challenges, and new armour on the way.
New details on The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild's upcoming DLC were revealed at Nintendo's E3 Spotlight event this morning. The first half of the Expansion pass, the Master Trials pack, will include the Trial of the Sword challenge shown off in the trailer above, as well as the Hero Path feature which shows where Link has travelled across the game's map. A new Hard Mode will power up enemies with regenerating health, while a handy Travel Medallion will give Link the ability to fast travel across Breath of the Wild's massive world.
The second half of the Expansion pass, dubbed The Champions' Ballad, is also teased in the trailer, showing how each of the original game's four champions will make their return for a new story.
The first half of Breath of the Wild's DLC will be available on both Switch and Wii U on June 30. The second half is slated for release in holiday 2017.
We'll be covering E3 all week. You can follow along with us by checking out our guide on how to watch all the E3 2017 live streams, or catch up on all the news and announcements from the show at our E3 2017 hub.
- E3 2017: Microsoft showed four times more games this year
- E3 2017 by the numbers: 55% more gameplay on show than E3 2016
- E3 2017 by the numbers: The Age of Exclusivity is coming to an end
- E3 2016 vs E3 2017: 60% increase in new IP reveals at E3 2017
- 49 games shown at E3 2017 slated to release this year
- Humble Classics Return Bundle: Where the best deals are
- Old Aussie rivalries live on in upcoming esports league
- Xbox One owners can save big on Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Star Wars Battlefront II and more right now
- March’s Games With Gold line-up is super hot
- Secret of Mana Review (PS4): What the hell did you do Square Enix?