THE ICONIC now allows you to search and shop by sustainability
The new Considered edit allows shoppers to find and shop with transparent and ethical brands.
From child labour, unfair pay, dangerous working conditions, polluting and waste – no one wants to support unethical manufacturing. But it can be hard for us, the consumers, to put our money where our mouth is, when so many companies aren't giving us the full story.
Enter THE ICONIC's Considered edit. You wanted transparency? You got it.
The Considered edit is a collection of pieces and brands that are positively contributing to humanity and the world around us. This could be through using eco-friendly materials or better manufacturing processes, being kinder to animals or giving back to the community. The range includes brands for women, men and kids and allows customers to shop more consciously.
You can head over to the Considered edit now to see just how many pieces and labels are already included in this new offering.
Every single brand that has made it into the Considered edit needs to have at the very least one of THE ICONIC's defined sustainability credentials. These are:
- Sustainable materials – product made of materials with a lower environmental impact than conventional alternatives.
- Eco-production – product made in a location or using a process that is associated with a lower environmental impact.
- Fair production – product made in a location holding an accreditation associated with decent working conditions.
- Animal-friendly – product made using non-animal alternative or methods that are associated with good animal welfare.
- Community engagement – product made by a brand or using a method associated with community benefit, for example, donations.
You can actually shop by each of these credentials. Clicking on the "sustainable materials" credential for example, will take you to a landing page of only products that fit with THE ICONIC's idea of sustainable materials. In essence, you can actually search and shop by the ethic that means the most to you.
Brands currently included in THE ICONIC's Considered edit include Nobody Denim, Manning Cartell, R. M. Williams, Auguste the Label and Veja. It's worth noting that not every brand will have their full collections included in the Considered edit. Some brands will have just a few of their sustainably-made pieces included. So when shopping remember that just because you see one or two pieces included in Considered, doesn't mean the entire brand can be deemed sustainable.THE ICONIC explains that the Considered edit encourages customers to think about sustainability and also shows customers that sustainable products aren't necessarily pricier.
"Our Considered edit aims to encourage more customers and brands to join the conversation about sustainability and ethical sourcing. We want to support customers who share THE ICONIC's concerns about sustainability, by giving them the ability to shop for products that are better for humans, animals or the environment than conventional alternatives.
We want to show that shopping this way doesn't have to be more expensive, or compromise your style. If we create more demand from consumers for products with sustainable credentials, we can encourage more brands to reflect on their own practices and consider whether they feel comfortable making callouts on their products."
- eBay just started dropping Apple AirPods for $169 and here’s how to get them
- Conscious Nation: Everything we know about P.E Nation’s sustainable new initiative
- See every piece from the PUMA x Sue Tsai Love 101 collection
- What’s in the Off-White “HOME” collection?
- What’s in the new Nike x sacai collection?