The HP Omen X is a 4K gaming PC powerhouse
Building your own gaming PC is a rite of passage for gamers, but HP wants to do the heavy lifting with its Omen X desktop.
When it comes to building a gaming PC capable of playing the latest games with the settings maxed out, the most important feature isn't the graphics card or the RAM or even the processor, but the chassis. Getting a PC with a striking chassis is imperative to creating a no-nonsense gaming machine that screams it's a gaming machine.
HP is one of the biggest PC manufacturers in the world, and it has started spending a lot time focusing on the gaming market with its Omen brand. Today at PAX Australia, the brand announced the Australian price and availability of its new desktop powerhouse, the Omen X.
Shaped like an upended cube (which helps in the cooling process thanks to its exposed 6-sided design), the Omen X starts at $4,499, which includes a 4GHz Intel Core i7-6700K processor, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card, 16GB RAM and 2TB of on board storage.
The machine is ready for VR and 4K out of the box, and includes intelligent cable management, three 120mm liquid cooling radiators and an integrated Blu-ray burner.
- Perth will be the first to turn when the zombie apocalypse hits
- Where to find the best price on State of Decay 2 in Australia
- Battle Royale: Treyarch says it will “do it best and better than” Fortnite, PUBG
- Rick and Morty Virtual Rick-ality Review: Show Me What You Got (in VR)
- Dragon’s Crown Pro Review: The pinnacle of 2D visuals