The Coen Brothers are bringing the Wild West to Netflix
The acclaimed filmmakers will make their Netflix debut next year.
Joel and Ethan Cohen, best known as the minds behind movies like No Country for Old Men and The Big Lebowski, are teaming up again to tackle the American frontier in a new anthology project for Netflix. Titled The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, the project will feature six distinct stories about the American West, with Tim Blake Nelson (The Incredible Hulk) playing the titular role of Buster Scruggs.
Megan Ellison and Sue Naegle from the production company Annapurna Television will be producing the anthology alongside the Coen Brothers as will the Coen's frequent collaborator Robert Graf.
The Ballad of Buster Scruggs will premiere on Netflix in 2018.
Netflix has made a number of promising deals lately, signing up David Letterman for a new talk show and acquiring the publishing company of comic-book legend Mark Millar.
- Kayo vs Optus Sport: Which service offers more for football fans?
- What to watch this week: Shape of Water and Star Wars Resistance
- Disney+ streaming service: What we know so far about price, release date and exclusives
- This week in streaming: The Coen Brothers bring a ballad to the Wild West and Foxtel plants its flag on Castle Rock
- Telstra TV gets voice commands via Google Assistant integration