The cheapest and most expensive places for an Airbnb stay
Find out where you might be better off with a night in a hotel.
Accommodation is usually one of the biggest costs when travelling, after your airfare, so many travellers turn to Airbnb to cut costs and bag a bargain. All travel hot spots were not created equal though, and there are definitely some places where you might be better off just booking a hotel.
Fortunately, travel booking site Globehunters has trawled through Airbnb data to figure out once and for all where to find the cheapest rates and where to be more careful.
Eastern Europe and Asia dominate the list for the cheapest cities to book in, which shouldn't be a big surprise for any Aussie traveller. Lviv, Ukraine made it to the top of the list with an average nightly spend of $30. Saint Petersburg, Russia is not too far behind with $33 and Jakarta, Indonesia sits at third cheapest with $35.
If you're looking for Australia, we are sadly not in the top 10 cheapest, nowhere near it in fact. Melbourne (#76) and Sydney (#84) are closer to the bottom with an average daily rental cost of $128 and $143 respectively.
We're far from the most expensive though, with North American favourite, San Francisco taking the crown for the priciest city with an average cost of a whopping $223. You could get five nights in Buenos Aires for that.
Top 10 cheapest cities to book Airbnb
- Lviv, Ukraine ($30)
- Saint Petersburg, Russia ($33)
- Jakarta, Indonesia ($35)
- Hanoi, Vietnam ($36)
- Kolkata, India ($37)
- Chennai, India ($38)
- Phnom Penh, Cambodia ($38)
- Jaipur, India ($42)
- Agra, India ($43)
- Buenos Aires, Argentina ($44)
Top 10 most expensive cities to book Airbnb
- San Francisco, USA ($223)
- Miami, USA ($193)
- Orlando, USA ($191)
- Las Vegas, USA ($187)
- Honolulu, USA ($186)
- Barcelona, Spain ($177)
- Amsterdam, Netherlands ($176)
- London, UK ($172)
- Dubai, UAE ($167)
- New York City, USA ($161)
- NSW Dine and Discover vouchers extended: Best ways to use yours now
- The 5 best Flight Centre EOFY travel deals
- Virgin Australia announces free flights competition for vaccinated Aussies
- 5 ways to maximise your $200 Luxury Escapes COVID-19 vouchers
- Sydney Solstice Festival 2021: 10 unmissable things to do