The Block 2017 location revealed?
It looks like The Block will be building from the ground up this year, as Nine is understood to have bought a $10 million parcel of Melbourne property.
The Herald Sun has reported that this year’s series of The Block will likely be filming in Elsternwick, after purchasing a large parcel of vacant land. According to the Herald Sun, the property was purchased in December for $9.6 million by a company linked to Channel Nine, and has been approved for subdivision into five lots.
Vacant land at 46 Regent St, Elsternwick. Source: Google maps 2017.
Fencing has been erected around the site, and the Herald Sun reported that workmen had moved in and began digging up the blocks for foundation work. While it appears likely that contestants may be tasked with building a home from the ground up, the Herald Sun reported that several of the workmen were wearing fluoro vests emblazoned with the name of a company specialising in house relocations.
The empty block at 46 Regent St, Elsternwick. Source: Google maps June 2013.
The move follows speculation that producers of the program were eyeing off St Kilda’s Gatwick Private Hotel. However, the hotel remains on the market.
Get an update of The Block 2017 so far in our latest podcast episode
- Download the episode here by right clicking this link and clicking 'save link as'
- Stream the episode on a separate page here
- ULedger blockchain company creates overnight GDPR compliance tool
- Save 40% off your Qantas Club membership this week
- Huawei P20 Pro Review: It’s all about that camera
- Operation Cryptosweep: World’s largest ICO, crypto securities sweep announced
- Ethereum price weekly analysis 22 May: The Woz is optimistic but the market isn’t so sure