Revealed: The travel stores participating in this year’s Black Friday
Get those credit cards ready, Black Friday is almost here!
Black Friday is one of the biggest shopping days in the year in America – and Australia has quickly cottoned on to the event. Every year it seems that more and more stores get in on the shopping bonanza, and this year, a healthy handful of travel merchants have already started teasing us with their offerings.
This year's event is coming in quick and fast, landing this Friday 24 November. Depending on the shop, the sales can start running as early as now, though generally most don't go live until 9am Friday.
From there, sales can run until midnight Friday or continue throughout the weekend and into Monday. The sale period varies per store.
While not every store has revealed what they are offering for Black Friday yet, a few have.
Here's who we definitely know are participating and what they are (or might be) offering on Friday:
- Expedia: You can get up to 50% off hotel bookings plus an extra 15% off with a coupon code. The sale starts at 9am, 24 November.
- G Adventures: Coined the Cyber sale, G Adventures hasn't said much about what its Black Friday sale will be yet, but we do know it's happening and that it starts Friday.
- Scoopon: Scoopon is having a 48-hour Christmas sale featuring discounted brand name products and P&O cruises. The sale started midday 22 November and ends midday 24 November.
- TourRadar: You can get up to 70% off tours around the world with Topdeck, Contiki, G Adventures, On the Go and more. You also get the chance to win US$1,000 in TourRadar travel credits. The sale starts at 10am on 24 November.
- STA Travel: There's no word yet what STA Travel will offer, but last Black Friday, it was offering discounted flights around the world. The sale starts at midnight, 24 November.
- CruiseDirect: For last minute Princess Cruises sailings, save up to $1,000 on your room, get $1,000 to spend on board and get 10% off shore excursions. For future Princess Cruises, get free upgrades, $1,600 to spend on board and have all your onboard tips taken care of. The sale is on now.
We'll be keeping on top of all the Black Friday news as it comes in, so stay tuned by signing up to our travel deals newsletter below.
In the meantime, clear your calendar for midnight Friday and get excited for your next big (bargain-priced) holiday.
- $4 million in travel vouchers for South Australians: Are you eligible?
- 10 most popular travel destinations for Australians in 2021
- South Australia reopens border with NSW: What to know before you go
- Queensland reopens its borders to select NSW areas: Here’s what you need to know
- WA travel vouchers: Who qualifies for the $1 million in free travel?