The 10 best treehouse hotels in the world, as voted
Two Australian treehouses took top spots
A treehouse never goes out of style. In fact, it's the opposite. They're more popular than ever before.
Hotels.com asked travellers where they want to stay the most, and treehouses beat out spaceships, ice hotels and hotels made of gold. Understandably so. Spaceships are claustrophobic, ice hotels are cold and golden hotels are simply impractical. Treehouses, however, can bring all the usual luxuries into the canopy.
Hotels.com visitors were surveyed to find the world's favourite treehouse hotels, and two Queensland treehouse hotels took the top spots, both nestled in the warm and tropical Daintree rainforest.
Silky Oaks Lodge Mossman
This spot was named Australia's favourite treehouse hotel.
The Daintree is Australia's only truly tropical rainforest, and Silky Oaks is situated right along the Mossman River. The treetop hotel features a spa, open-sided treehouse restaurant and large canopy verandas for the rooms.
If you want a truly unforgettable dining experience, among all around great rooms and a top spot, Silky Oaks is worth checking out.
Daintree Eco Lodge & Spa
Number two was the Daintree Eco Lodge, also hidden away in Queensland's north.
Tranquility and sustainability in the treetops, with solar panels catching sunlight from above the canopy, and eco and fair-trade accredited amenities all around. The lagoon restaurant makes for stunning dining, while the hotel itself is positioned to give you easy access to Port Douglass from within the Daintree.
Not that you'd be able to tell, with this resort being a great option for people who want a secluded spot to get away for a while, without compromising on the luxuries.
Keemala, Thailand (pictured)
Imagine taking in stunning views from the comfort of your own personal treetop infinity pool.
The pools are probably the most eye-catching feature of each stilt-top room at the Keemala treetop resort. Catering mostly to couples, Keemala has champagne picnics and sunset cocktails on the menu, along with the incredible views, fitness centre and tourist services. An easy drive from Phuket, as well as close to Patong and other destinations, for the perfect balance of in-room comforts and outside activities.
The remaining top ten treehouse hotels veer all over the world, with each country having its own perfect treetop destinations.
4. Tree Hotel, Sweden - Stylish and contemporary design in the trees of Sweden, with no two rooms being alike.
5. Azulik, Mexico - Seaside views from a luxurious yet eco-friendly treehouse.
6. Four Seasons Resort, Costa Rica - Not really treehouse, but no less spectacular as a hillside resort at treetop height.
7. Tsala Treetop Lodge, South Africa - Luxurious and centrally located, featuring a suspended dining deck among the treetop rooms.
8. Japamala Resort, Malaysia - A island getaway that blends treetops and the ocean. Treehouse rooms overlooking the water, and the main restaurant is on stilts out at sea.
9. Aqua Wellness Resort, Nicaragua - Warm, tropical, superbly eco-friendly and perfect for spotting wildlife from your treehouse pools and villas.
10. Eureka Springs Hobbit Caves and Castles, USA - Treehouses to stay in and hobbit caves to explore, with themed rooms at this family and budget-friendly treehouse lodge.
Follow us for all the latest deals and coupon codes