The American Express Business Card offers premium business benefits including a rewards program, no pre-determined spending limit and an annual fee of just $109.
The American Express Business charge card offers a worthwhile rewards program along with competitive fees and additional options. While you can enjoy the financial freedom that the classic charge card offers, you can also benefit from travel protection benefits and the convenient 24/7 customer service from American Express.
The American Express Business charge card doesn’t have a set spending limit so you can use the card on everyday purchases or save it for emergencies that may pop up. There are also strong security features, such as microchip technology, refund protection, online fraud protection, and purchase protection. The card is also affordable with only an $109 annual fee.
|Product Name||American Express Business Card|
|Rewards Program||Membership Rewards Ascent|
|Annual fee||$109 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 51 days on purchases|
|Card Type||American Express|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (AMEX)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Annual fee||$109 p.a.|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$79|
- This card offers a generous rewards program.
- You have an option to convert your points into cash and the balance of your card to be repaid.
- The card provides complimentary travel-related policies.
- The card charges an $109 annual card fee.
- Another $80 p.a. will be charged if your prefer to avail the rewards program.
- Your income should be higher than $24,000 before-tax to qualify.
|Rewards Program||Membership Rewards Ascent|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||0|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||N/A|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (AMEX)||1|
|Rewards Points per $ (AMEX) Cap||Uncapped|
The American Express Business Card Review
The American Express Business charge card can be used for any of your daily or emergency purchases. You can easily use the American Express Card across the globe at any establishment where American Express is accepted. Since the original charge card is a rewards card, you'll earn points whenever you make a purchase so you can redeem your desired rewards sooner.
This charge card also comes with the ease of mobile and online account management options, as well as round-the-clock customer service.
Benefits of the American Express Business Card
- Reward program. You can earn points when you use your card for eligible purchases and redeem these for a variety of rewards. Earn 1 rewards point for every $1 you spend, with uncapped earnings potential. Also benefit from 0.5 rewards point per $1 paid to government bodies. You can also use the points to pay off your card's balance.
- Frequent flyer benefits and points transfer. Transfer your rewards points to any of nine airline rewards programs with Ascent and expand your global reach.
- Travel inconvenience cover. You will be covered if you miss a flight connection, experience a flight delay, or experience a baggage delay. To take advantage of this feature, you must purchase your flight with your American Express card.
- Purchase protection. You'll get protection insurance on certain items you purchase. That means that if a specific item you bought gets unintentionally damaged or stolen within 90 days, your purchase may be refunded or repaired.
- Extended warranties. Known as the Buyer's Advantage, you will have access to extended warranties on items you purchase through your card. If an item comes with a manufacturer's warranty, your American Express card can add an additional 12 months of protection to the item.
- Refund protection. Your classic American Express card will cover you in the instance where you are denied a refund on an unused item. If the item meets the eligibility requirements set by the company you'll get your refund through American Express.
- Eligible for Apple Pay. Use Apple Pay on your iPhone, Apple Watch or iPad for safer and more private way to pay. Learn more here.
- Eligible for Samsung Pay. Enjoy the convenience of making contactless payments using your qualified Samsung device through the Samsung Pay application. Learn more here.
- Eligible for Android Pay. Just add your American Express Business Card to Android Pay if you want to start making easy, convenient contactless payments using your android device when shopping. Learn more here.
American Express Business Card features
- Competitive fees. Express is known to offer competitive interest rates and fees. The classic charge card charges an annual fee of $109. These competitive fees can save you money in the long run when compared to other cards that may have higher annual fees.
- Keep track of your business expenditures. Managing your business credit card conveniently using Quicken, MYOB or Microsoft Excel to download your statements, transactions and view your balance.
- Fraud protection. The American Express card also has beneficial security features like microchips embedded in the card and guaranteed fraud protection that will help secure your account from unsanctioned activity. This is especially helpful if you make frequent online purchases which can leave you vulnerable to fraud.
- Emergency card replacement worldwide. Get peace of mind wherever you are travelling with a replacement card service boasting a global network of offices.
- Global Customer Service Team. Receive 24/7 worldwide support wherever you are to assist with your various account needs.
How to apply for the American Express Business Card
Before applying for this business card offer, please see the following eligibility criteria and required documents to ensure a smooth application process.
- Age and residency. You must be over 18 years old in order to apply for the American Express card. You also have to be a permanent resident or a citizen of Australia.
- Income and credit history. You should have a good credit history without any defaults in it. You must also make a personal annual income of at least $24,000 before taxes.
If you are eligible for the charge card offer, you can begin the application process. The process can take around 20 minutes but you can make the whole thing go smoother by having all necessary documents gathered beforehand.
- Income verification. In order to prove that you meet the income and credit requirements, you'll have to provide proof of income. This can be payslips or similar financial documents. You should also have proof of your financial assets or liabilities. Your employer's or accountant's information may also be necessary.
An American Express charge card is a great way to get rewarding benefits while enjoying quality service and competitive fees. Remember to compare all credit card offers before applying for one.Back to top