Protect your brand trust and eliminate costly mistakes with the website spell checker by TextTrust.
TextTrust was founded in 2004 and immediately set to work on a proprietary site-checking technology that launched online in 2005. Its initial crop of clients spanned several countries and testimonials from clients, including The University of Sydney and the NBA’s Cleveland Cavaliers, who feature prominently in its advertising. A one-time check of a website of 250 pages or fewer costs approximately US$49.95.
Prices last checked July 2017
The company’s main offering is TextTrust Express, a one-time scan of your entire website to root out and report spelling mistakes. The process uses TextTrust professional editors as well as the company’s own error-checking technology. All mistakes reported by the software are reviewed by the editors and one summary is generated that contains all of the spelling mistakes found on the site. The customer also gains access to a downloadable report, courtesy of Microsoft Excel, with results of all the errors and a listing of each text error with its corresponding URL. The offering also gives you access to a built-in spelling mistake highlighter and uses Google suggestion lookup to correct your errors.
The customer also gains access to a downloadable report, courtesy of Microsoft Excel, with results of all the errors and a listing of each text error with its corresponding URL. The offering also gives you access to a built-in spelling mistake highlighter and uses Google suggestion lookup to correct your errors.
TextTrustPro is a much more robust version of TextTrust Express. It offers unlimited website spell-checking for an entire year, checks for errors anytime you update it, and completes a weekly review of your website report by a professional editor. It has an online interface that allows you access to a custom dictionary and makes regularly scheduled checks of your website for errors. Reports include corrections for both spelling and context.
TextTrust promotes its service as the only French and bilingual web site spell checking service, specialising in corporations with a bilingual audience, or government agencies. The service features:
- A French and bilingual spell checker
- French-language editors to review your website report
- Unlimited spell checks of your website for one year
- Downloadable Microsoft Excel reports that include correction suggestions and context
- An online built-in spelling mistake viewer
Plans and pricing
TextTrust Express has a lower price per service than TextTrustPro and TextTrustFrench, both of which have the same price structure with one exception, as shown below.
All prices are shown in US dollars.
|Number of Pages||TextTrust Express (Eng/French)||TextTrust Pro Annual (Eng/French)||TextTrust Pro Monthly (Eng/French)|
|Not applicable for|
Prices last checked July 2017
Pros and cons
TextTrust gives you a lot of options on how to parse your data when it runs a report on your website. It has a host of price plans but you may need to ask for clarification on some of its services.
- The English version of TextTrustPro charges you for your current number of pages. If your site gets bigger over the course of the year, you are not charged the next rate.
- There’s no software to download; the entire interface is housed online.
- There are “industry” dictionaries available for more technical or scientific websites.
- No price point is offered for the TextTrust Express English service beyond 10,000 web pages.
- The site does not reveal any information about its editors in terms of qualifications, beyond the word “professional”.
- There is no explanation of the company policy if spelling errors are missed by the software/editors.