- These are the Terms and Conditions of use of the website and/or the related mobile application (collectively, the "Site" or the "app"). By using the Site, you agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions of Use.
- Hive Empire Pty Ltd (ABN 18 118 785 125) trading as finder.com.au ("finder") provides factual information, general advice and services on financial products as a Corporate Authorised Representative (432664) of Advice Evolution Pty Ltd AFSL 342880. Please refer to our FSG - Financial Products. We also provide general advice on credit products under our own Credit Licence ACL 385509. Please refer to our Credit Guide for more information. We are also a Corporate Authorised Representative of Countrywide Insurance Group Pty Ltd. ABN 49 625 733 539 (AFSL 511363) for the provision of general advice on general insurance products. Please refer to our FSG - General Insurance. We are also a Corporate Authorised Representative of Bespoke Portfolio Pty Ltd ABN 136 853 819 (AFSL 341991) for the provision of general advice on derivatives. Please refer to their FSG. Hive Empire Pty Ltd (trading as finder.com.au) is part of the Hive Empire Group of companies. This Group also includes Hive Empire Ventures Pty Ltd and Hive Empire Trading Pty Ltd (trading as HiveEx.com)
- finder is an information service that provides you with the tools and information you need to compare a wide range of products, providers and services. We do not provide information on all available products, providers or services so please appreciate that there may be other options available to you then the products, providers or services covered by our service. You should consider seeking financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing products.
- We are not a product manufacturer nor are we owned by a bank, insurer or product manufacturer. While in some cases we may provide you with general financial product advice we don't, and won't, recommend specific providers, products or services. We want to provide you with the information and confidence to make an informed decision but we don't know enough about you to provide you with personal advice about your specific needs or circumstances.
- In order to provide you with quotes, comparisons, factual information or advice we may need to collect some basic information about you such as your age, gender and occupation. By clicking "quote" or "enquiry" buttons, you are authorising us to provide your information to an adviser or broker who will call you to provide you with personal advice about your options and available products. By doing this you are also consenting to us retaining your personal information so that we can contact you about other relevant services that we think might interest you (but you can "opt out" of this process at any time by simply withdrawing your consent). If we refer you to a Broker, please understand that the broker may only be able to assist on select range of products and may not be able to assist you with a specific product/provider. Therefore before you act or commit to any plan, confirm the scope of the products on which the broker can advise and make sure that you understand the consequences and implications of any restrictions
- We compare insurance data, basic information such as interest rates and application fees. We do not assess if a particular product is suitable for you. Providing or obtaining an estimated insurance quote through us does not guarantee you can get the insurance. Acceptance by insurance companies is based on things like occupation, health and lifestyle. Please understand that your particular circumstances, choices and preferences may also restrict the number of products available to you.
- By providing you with the ability to apply for a credit card or loan we are not guaranteeing that your application will be approved. Your application for credit products is subject to the Provider's terms and conditions as well as their application and lending criteria.
- We endeavour to ensure that the information and other content on our Site is accurate and current but we can't guarantee the accuracy or currency of the information on which we've relied. We suggest that you use your own judgment and read the Product Disclosure Statement before you make any decision about a financial product covered by our Site. If you find an error in our data please let us know and we'll correct our Site.
- Policy or product costs listed on our Site (particularly in respect to insurance products) are approximations based on available data. The Provider of the product ultimately determines the price and terms of the cover they provide and the actual cost charged by the Provider may vary from the approximation quoted by us.
- To the extent permitted by law, finder disclaims all liability to any person in relation to use of the Site, and you waive all claims against finder in relation to your use of the Site. finder accepts no liability for any interference with or damage to a user's computer, software or data occurring in connection with or relating to the Site or its use or any website linked to our Site, and does not represent or warrant that our Site or any website linked to ours will always be accessible. Nor do we represent or warrant that any applications initiated through our Site will in fact be received or made to the intended recipient. Users are advised to confirm the application by other means.
- The Site includes links to other websites operated by community, business and government. These linked websites will have their own terms and conditions of use and you should familiarise yourself with these. All linked websites are linked "as is" and finder does not sponsor, endorse or necessarily approve of any material on websites linked from or to our Site; does not make any warranties or representations regarding the quality, accuracy, merchantability or fitness for purpose of any material on websites linked from or to this Site; does not make any warranties or representations that material on other websites to which this Site is linked does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person anywhere in the world; and does not authorise the infringement of any intellectual property rights contained in material in other websites by linking the website to those other websites.
- If you have a complaint or dispute in relation our service, please email our complaints handling office using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The information and data on the Site is subject to change without notice.
- finder may revise the Terms and Conditions of Use at any time by updating this posting. We encourage you to monitor this page and understand how are services evolve over time.
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, finder claims copyright ownership of all material on the Site. You may download, display, print and reproduce this material in unaltered form (attaching a copy of this notice) for your personal, non-commercial use. finder reserves the right to revoke such permission at any time. Apart from this permission and uses permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), all other rights are reserved.
Selection & ordering of products
- The products compared on this page are chosen from a range of offers available to us and are not representative of all the products available in the market.
- There is no perfect order or perfect ranking system for the products we list on our Site so we've provided you with the functionality to self-select, re-order and compare products. The initial display order is influenced by a range of factors including conversion rates, product costs and commercial arrangements, so please don't interpret the listing order as an endorsement or recommendation from us. We're happy to provide you with the tools you need to make better decisions, but we'd like you to make your own decisions and compare and assess products based on your own preferences, circumstances and needs.
- The products listed in the tables on our Site are selected based on a number of features including but not limited to:
- Features: including, but not limited to interest rates, annual fees and penalty fees.
- Offers: the availability of offers in relation to particular products.
- Access: whether a financial institution is offering a particular product at a particular time.
- Range: Comparisons are not intended to be comprehensive and will not cover the market of all available products. Not all providers in the market will be included in our comparisons.
- Promotions and Advertisements: Products marked as 'Promoted' or "Advertisement" are prominently displayed either as a result of a commercial advertising arrangement or to highlight a particular product, provider or feature. Finder may receive remuneration from the Provider if you click on the related link, purchase or enquire about the product. Finder's decision to show a 'promoted' product is neither a recommendation that the product is appropriate for you nor an indication that the product is the best in its category. We encourage you to use the tools and information we provide to compare your options and find the best option for you.
- Ranking: Where products appear on this Site they should not be taken as ranking or endorsing any particular product above another in terms of its suitability for your use.
- Preferences: The identification of a group of products, as ‘Top’ or ‘Best’ is a reflection of user preferences based on current website data. On a regular basis, analytics drive the creation of a list of popular products. Where these products are grouped, they appear in no particular order.
- Qualification: Financial products compared do not compare features that may be relevant to you in your choices about which product to utilise. Where we state that we have analysed offers in the market, the process of analysis is restricted to the information subsequently disclosed and may not be suitable for your personal circumstances.
- Remuneration: Where our Site links to particular products or displays 'Enquire now', 'Add to Cart', 'Go to Site' or similar 'call to action' buttons, we may receive a commission, referral fee or payment in relation to your clicking of this link. In some cases we may receive remuneration for referring you to an adviser or product issuer. These arrangements vary but if you are referred to an adviser they will tell you what referral arrangements are in place.
- Deals and Offers: For offers, coupons, deals and discounts, we work hard to ensure that the product and promotional information on our Site is current and correct at the time of publication, but providers may subsequently restrict offers, apply additional terms or only have limited qualities available. All deals and offers are subject to availability. Always check the provider's website before applying for, or purchasing, anything.
- News: Posts marked as "News" are true and correct at the time of publication but are neither maintained nor subsequently amended. As a static record, News may, over time, contradict, or appear to contradict, the dynamic information (such as product information) we display in tables on our Site. We encourage you to use the tools and information we provide to find the best option for you.
Obtaining your Credit Report
You can obtain your current Credit Score, and in some cases your file, from our Site but you need to be a registered user to receive your Credit Report.
In order to obtain your Credit Report, you need to be adequately identified and your information verified with the Document Verification Service (http://www.dvs.gov.au). So we need to collect, retain and share the information required in order to provide you with your Credit Report.
We will only ask you for the information we need to provide you with the services, advice and information you request from us.
Where we retain your information, it will only be the information you have provided to us or the information you have asked us to source from third-parties and provide to you.
Finder's Credit Report Monitoring Service
Generally, your personal information will only be collected and used with your express permission, but we will retain and use aggregated and non-personally identifiable data for other purposes.
Please appreciate that user comparisons are based on dynamic averages derived from anonymised data. Comparisons incorporate unverified personal data submitted to finder by our users so the results shown are indicative only and may not be more generally representative.
Rest assured that we will, and do, take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, loss or unauthorised use.
We won't ask you for personal information about someone else, but if you provide us with information about another person, you need to ensure that you are authorised to disclose that information to us.
Using the Energy Calculator
The Energy Calculator available on our site is owned and maintained by a third-party provider.
finder is not responsible for the content nor do we provide any warranty about the accuracy or comprehensiveness of the calculator. We think it's a useful tool but we warn you that:
- The potential savings shown by this tool is based on limited data and does not consider all providers.
- The calculated saving amount is illustrative only and may not accurately reflect the savings or offers available to you.
We encourage you to make your own investigation, or obtain advice, before you act on the calculation provided by this tool.
Registration and Responsibilities.
To obtain your Credit Score, to submit a review or use our secure Services you must:
- be at least eighteen (18) years of age;
- have not previously been suspended or removed from our Site;
- register; and
- comply with these Terms and any relevant laws.
Registration. In most cases, you can engage with our Site anonymously. But, if you want to access some features of our Site to obtain your Credit Score or register for NBN updates, you need to be a registered user.
To register for an account, you need to provide certain identifying information about yourself, including but not limited to your email address and other contact information and create a user name and password. You can only have one user account and attempts to create or maintain duplicate accounts may result in banning or other actions.
By applying for your Credit Score, you're agreeing to provide current and accurate information about yourself and authorising us to access the Document Verification Service to confirm that information.
Remember, the finder community is built on us all being direct, honest and open, so by registering as a user you are agreeing to conduct yourself in accordance with these Terms.
Responsibility. You are responsible for maintaining the integrity and security of your account and password and for restricting access to your device.
It's best not to share your account details but, if you do share your information with anyone else, you're authorising them to act on your behalf and authorising us to accept their submissions and instructions.
If you are worried that your account is not secure, please email email@example.com and we'll help you solve that problem.
We understand that people don't always make their decisions based on factual information alone. Sometimes, they like to consider, and rely on, user reviews to help them make their decision.
The finder community is diverse, engaged and expert and we recognise the value of helping them share their experience and insights.
Registered Users can submit reviews (and other user generated content) to our site to help other users make better informed decisions about the products and services covered by our site.
We believe in being 'straight up' so, in addition to being transparent about the commercial relationships we have in place, we want you to understand our approach to user reviews and our expectations about reviewers.
We will not publish misleading reviews
Reviews should reflect the user's actual experience with the product or service. We wont publish reviews that aren't honest or fair and we'll remove any review that we think may have been written by:
- the reviewed business
- a competitor of the reviewed business
- a third party for either of the above
- paid reviewers; or
- people that have not used the product or service they're reviewing.
We trust our users to do the right thing but we will remove any review that contravenes this principle.
We'd also suggest that you don't submit a review if you haven't used the product or service in the last six (6) months. It might seem arbitrary, but businesses can change themselves significantly in six (6) months.
We will not delete, hide or edit reviews (even negative ones).
Our mission is to help people make better decisions. That means giving them the information that helps them make a decision or avoid making a bad decision.
If a user chooses to share their experience and insights with our community, we think it's our obligation to help them do so - even if that review is critical of us or our partners.
We won't delete, hide or edit reviews for commercial or promotional reasons. Nor will we manage reviews to create, or maintain, particular views of our partners, their products or their services.
Please understand that this doesn't mean we won't delete, block or edit 'inappropriate content'
We will not publish inappropriate content.
finder is an information service that helps millions of people make better decision.
We respect our users and understand our obligations to them and our partners.
For this reason, we will not allow users to publish content that is inappropriate, illegal, defamatory, obscene or infringes others' intellectual property rights. Posts that harass, bully, demean, vilify or marginalise others will be blocked or deleted.
Posts that contain software viruses, chain letters, spam or mass mailings will also be blocked or deleted.
A post that contains your personal information (TFN, address or phone number) may be edited, blocked or deleted. We might not always pick up these type of posts, so please take care when you post to our site.
If we think a user is using a false identity or impersonating another person we'll block or delete any content they post.
We'll also block and ban any user that engages in conduct of this sort.
We own the published content.
Any reviews or content you submit may be used by finder for advertising purposes or republication. We may also use your submission to improve our services.
Our site is public, so don't post anything you don't want to share with the general public.
If you make a mistake, or identify a problem with something you've posted, write to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll try to respond quickly.
The review platform.
We have engaged PowerReviews Inc. to help us manage this part of our site. We're responsible for our site and for any information you submit and we are required to manage that information in accordance with the relevant privacy laws. Although we're responsible for the reviews and content published on our site, if you'd like to know more about PowerReviews Inc please follow these links http://www.powerreviews.com/
finder respects your privacy and shares your concern about the security of data you may submit to finder's websites, the related mobile applications, any Finder AI chatbot, Google Action, Facebook Messenger chatbot , or Amazon Alexa Skill ("agents" or "bots") and services (collectively, the "Services").
While we don't share your finder customer ID and password with Google (or anyone else), Google collects, stores and processes certain information in connection with your use of the finder credit cards Action for Google Assistant. For example, Google records your voice and saves the transcripts of your interactions with the finder credit cards Action. finder has no control over your information shared via the finder credit cards Action.
How we handle feedback and complaints
finder.com.au ("finder") aspires to helping you make better decisions.
We hope you'll be delighted with the tools, services and analysis we make available to you, but if you are not delighted, we are keen to know when and why you're not satisfied so that we can improve.
Rest assured that we genuinely appreciate your feedback which is why we've tried to make it simple for you to provide us with your views. You can simply use our website to report any problems or issues you have with us, our site or the services we provide.
Whatever problems or concerns you may have we'll do our best to resolve them quickly, transparently and fairly.
Unfortunately, that's not always possible but if you are unhappy with our response we also have a formal disputes resolution process in place.
Feedback, complaints and Internal Dispute Resolution.
At finder, we believe that all feedback - even criticism or complaints - provide us with insights that can only make our business better. So we legitimately welcome user feedback and encourage them to tell us what we're doing well and where we can improve.
We have Internal Dispute Resolution (IDR) processes that generally accord with International Standards and reflect our commitment to these principles:
The entire Management Team believe that feedback is a gift and often your first point of contact will be one of our Executive Team. We supplement our top-down commitment to effective IDR with adequate staff training, appropriate resourcing and effective management and reporting systems.
Our IDR approach is designed to allow equal opportunity to both parties and an objective analysis of the issues. We'll also ensure that our responses are considered and reasonable.
Although an Executive from the Management Team will often be the first responder, our Senior Counsel, Legal and Compliance is the best contact point for complainants. Senior Counsel can provide an objective view, escalate issues as appropriate and ensure that your complaint is handled by experienced staff who have the authority to settle the complaints (or direct access to a person who could).
We don't hide our either our approach or our principles and we've made it ridiculously easy for you to contact us. Click here to start a conversation or submit your feedback.
We prefer you to provide your feedback through our website but you can make a complaint by any reasonable means including letter, telephone, in person or email.
If require our help to submit your complaint, we're happy to assist you.
If you have a complaint, the worst result is to feel ignored or that your concerns aren't important. We value feedback, and we respect the effort you've made to share your views with us, so we will
- acknowledge your complaint within 24 hours; and
- respond to your complaint within 10 days.
We won't guarantee any outcomes except that our response (including any remedies or compensation offered) will be fair and appropriate. If we need to quantify loss or damage, we'll consider relevant legal principles, relevant codes of conduct, concepts of fairness and relevant industry best practice.
Our IDR process is free for complainants.
We love feedback, but we love information more and complaints provide us with rich data about our business. For these reasons, we track categories including:
- the type of complaint;
- the subject of complaint;
- the outcome or result of the complaint; and
- the timeliness of our response.
The privacy of your personal information is important to us and we respect your confidentiality. We won’t ask you for information we don’t need but, in order to provide quotes and some comparative information, we may collect some personal information from you.
Systemic and recurring issues
Feedback is a gift and our IDR process treats it appropriately; we take the time to try to identify systemic issues or recurring problems to prevent other problems or anticipated complaints. Complaints data is also regularly reviewed by our Executive Management Team.
Our IDR processes are subject to regular review and, if you're not satisfied with our response, you have options for external Dispute Resolution.
We also have a Whistleblower Policy, and you can find it here
External Dispute Resolution
If we are in a dispute, and we can't resolve ourselves, it's in both our interests to involve an independent party and try to resolve the dispute in the most efficient and cost effective manner available to us.
So, if we haven't been able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you may escalate it to one of the following independent services.
|Type of complaint||External complaints service||More information|
|Financial advice, investments, superannuation, derivatives or insurance matters||Contact the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (ACFA) on 1800 931 678.|
|Financial Services Guide - Financial Products|
Financial Services Guide - Derivatives
|General Insurance Products||Contact the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (ACFA) on 1800 931 678.||Financial Services Guide - General Insurance|
|Credit Products||Contact the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (ACFA) on 1800 931 678.||Credit Guide|
|Personal information held||The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner on 1300 363 992|
|Our conduct||The Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) may be contacted on 1300 300 630|
All of these EDR services are free to consumers.
Professional Indemnity Insurance
We maintain professional indemnity insurance to cover the information, advice, and services we provide. Our policy satisfies the requirements imposed by the Corporations Act 2001 and financial services regulations.
Who are we?
Hive Empire Pty Ltd (ABN 18 118 785 121) trading as finder.com.au ("finder") is an information service that provides you with the tools and information you need to compare a wide range of products, providers and services. We take your privacy seriously. We have published this policy to show we manage the personal information you provide to us when using our services.
In order to provide you with information, tools and other services we may collect and retain “Personal Information” that may identify you or contribute to identifying you. “Personal Information” can include information such as your name, email address, your photo, contact details and, in some cases, general financial information. We will not collect your personal information unless it’s necessary to provide the information, advice or service you’ve requested and, where possible, you’ll be able to use our services anonymously.
We will generally only collect your personal information from you or from someone you’ve authorised to provide it to us. We will also only collect information by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
If you are located in the European Union, as a data subject you have additional rights under the GDPR that, unless inconsistent with Australian Law, will be respected.
When does finder collect information about me?
When you use our service (or while you’re accessing our services) we may collect personal information about you. Because we take your privacy seriously we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are aware of:
- who we are and how you can contact us; and
- how you can gain access to the information we have collected about you; and
- the purposes for which the personal information is collected; and
- the organisations (or the types of organisations) to which we may disclose your personal information; and
- the laws that require us to collect this information; and
- the main consequences (if any) for you if you choose not to provide us with personal information about you.
We provide general advice and comparative information about a range of financial and credit products and can help you connect with businesses that provide relevant products and services. The financial services laws often require us to collect some personal information to provide these services and, if you choose not to provide this information, then there is a chance that the information or advice you receive may not be suitable.
In order to obtain your Credit Report, you need to be adequately identified and your information verified with the Document Verification Service (http://www.dvs.gov.au) so we will collect, retain and share the information required in order to provide you with your Credit Report.
We prefer to collect personal information about an individual only from that individual but when you use our services you may provide us with personal information about someone else. We won't ask you for personal information about someone else unless it's needed to provide you with the service, advice or information you've requested but if you provide us with information about another person, you need to ensure that you are authorised to disclose that information to us. It's your responsibility to ensure that they understand how we will collect, use or disclose the information you provide. You need to take reasonable steps to ensure that they understand that we will not take any additional steps to confirm their understanding of these issues.
How will finder use personal information about me?
All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under the applicable legal requirements at all times. For more details on security see section ''Will finder share my personal information with anyone else?'' below.
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for Our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to Our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in Our legitimate interests. Specifically, We may use your data for the following purposes:
- answering your general queries about financial products, credit products and related matters;
- confirming your identity;
- communicating with you by email, SMS or other methods;
- administering our services;
- notifying you of the services we offer;
- carrying out marketing, training or promotional activities;
- responding to feedback, comments, or any other contact;
- sending you email(s) or newsletters to which you have subscribed;
- carrying out competitions;
- enhancing our Site or Services;
- helping you to resolve technical issues with our site;
- helping you to identify products and product providers appropriate for your needs and circumstances;
- referring you to product providers;
- in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy; or
- in marketing, to provide educative, relevant and promotional material (and then only with your express permission);
- where we provide personalised services, we may analyse the information you supply, as well as your activity on our (and other) services, so that we can offer a more relevant, tailored experience;
- providing and managing your account.
By using our services, you consent to us collecting, holding and using your personal information in this way.
We may also access, hold and use aggregated information about the people that use our services. Aggregated information won’t identify you or any other individual but simply provides us with non-personally identifiable data that we’ll use to improve our services, understand our users’ needs and develop tailored content. Although you would have provided us with the information we aggregate for these purposes, it won’t identify you or enable you to be personally identified.
How long will finder keep my data?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with the finder. If you delete your finder account then your personal information is deleted immediately, and the remaining information is anonymised for analytical purposes. For further information about deleting your finder data, please see section ''Can I find out what personal information finder keeps about me?'' below.
Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, finder may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email or text message or post with information, news and offers on Our services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the applicable legal requirements.
We may use information which we hold about you to show you relevant advertising on third-party sites (e.g. Facebook, Google). This could involve showing you an advertising message where we know you have a finder account and have used finder services. If you don’t want to be shown targeted advertising messages from finder, some third party sites allow you to request not to see messages from specific advertisers on that site in future.
Will finder share my personal information with anyone else?
As a general principle, we won’t disclose your personal information without your express permission unless:
- we are required to do so by the law, to comply with our obligations or exercise our rights;
- it’s necessary to lessen or prevent a serious and imminent threat to a person’s health, life or safety;
- it’s required to facilitate a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy; or
- it’s necessary to lessen or prevent a threat to public health or public safety.
How we maintain accurate information
Although we will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date, it is your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide to us is accurate, complete and current. You control the information you provide to us and you can correct or update any information you choose to provide to us. If you want us to correct our records simply tell us what needs to be changed and why.
How and where does finder keep my data?
finder.com.au is a global business. To offer our services, we may need to transfer your personal information among several locations, including Australia, where we are headquartered. Some of our product and service providers will process your data in other countries, however, we require all our partners to ensure that your data is kept securely at all times. If you choose to access the Site from the European Economic Area ("EEA") or Switzerland, please understand that you will be transferring your information to the location other than in which the information was originally collected.
The information we collect is entered into our site by you, imported on your instruction and transmitted across the internet to our servers. By using our service, you are consenting to this process. The service providers who host our servers are not permitted to access your personal information except for the purposes of storing it. Although we will take reasonable steps to protect the information you provide to us, you should appreciate that the Internet itself is not secure and take care about the personal information that you transfer over the internet or by email.
In a limited number of circumstances, we may use third-party providers to facilitate surveys or mail outs on our behalf. Should this occur, we will only do so where the Service Provider:
- has committed to securing your personal information in a manner consistent with our policy; or
- neither holds, accesses, uses or retains the personal information other than as we have engaged them.
Data security is very important to Us, and to protect your data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site. We use industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of personal information and credit score data. finder.com.au engages a company that is an industry leader in online security and verification to strengthen the security of our services. finder.com.au is registered with site identification authorities so that your browser can confirm finder.com.au's identity before any personally identifiable information is sent. In addition, our secure servers protect this information using advanced firewall technology.
Unless you choose to provide your personal information or instruct us to do so, the personal information we hold will be secured on our servers and not be transferred elsewhere. There are some exceptions, but we won't transfer personal information to a foreign country unless:
- We believe that the recipient of the information is subject to a law or arrangements that are substantially similar to our commitment; or
- you consent to the transfer; or
- the transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us, or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures taken in response to your request; or
- the transfer is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract concluded by you;
We will not transfer information contrary to this policy, without your consent or in a manner inconsistent with this policy.
How can I control information about me?
When you submit personal data via finder, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. In particular, we aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails and at the point of providing your details and by managing your Account).
The right to withhold information
You may access some areas of the site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
Can I find out what personal information finder keeps about me?
This document sets out our approach to the management of personal information and we make this available to anyone who asks for it. If you need to know more, we are more than happy to explain to you what sort of personal information we hold, for what purposes, and how we collect, use and disclose that information.
If you need additional information about the Australian Privacy Principles, the Privacy Law or our obligations you can also access the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (http://www.oaic.gov.au/).
You have the right to request access to the personal information finder holds about you (where such data is held) and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We will not restrict your access to the information unless:
- providing access would pose a serious threat to someone’s life or health; or
- providing access would have an unreasonable impact upon someone else’s privacy; or
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious; or
- the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between you and us;
- providing access would prejudice our negotiations; or
- providing access would be unlawful; or
- denying access is required or authorized by or under law; or
- providing access would be prejudicial or commercially sensitive.
If we can’t provide you with access to the information because of one or more of these reasons (which we will confirm in writing) we will consider reasonable alternatives that may satisfy all parties. You’ll generally be able to access your personal information without cost but, if we think a charge is reasonable it will not be excessive and will not apply to lodging a request for access.
We will use reasonable efforts consistent with our legal duty to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files. If you are within the European Economic Area (“the EEA”), where the EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein, please address requests and questions about this or any other question about this Privacy and Cookies Policy to the Global Data Protection Team, Finder AU, Level 10, 99 York St, Sydney, NSW, Australia 2000 or email email@example.com.
Contacting finder about this Privacy and Cookies Policy
We believe in openness and we are committed to ensuring that we respect the privacy of those using the exceptional services we provide. If you want to arrange access to your information or have questions about privacy or the use of this site, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at
Level 10, 99 York St,
Sydney, NSW, Australia 2000
Please note that if the responding officer determines with good reason that your message is spam within the meaning of the Spam Act 2003 (Cth), finder reserves the right not to respond to any message you send and to block your use of this website from the IP address where the spam originates and reserves the right to claim compensation under the appropriate legislation.