Telstra won’t open Note 8 pre-orders until 5 September
If you want the Note 8 through Telstra, you'll have to wait a little longer to pre-order.
While Virgin Mobile, Vodafone and amaysim have all announced plan pricing schemes for the freshly announced Galaxy Note 8, there's no sign as yet of announcements from Optus or Telstra. To be fair, at the time of writing it's the middle of the night and not many Australians are likely to be actively seeking new phone plans, unless they're shift workers.
We're still waiting to hear from Optus, but according to Gizmodo, the wait for Telstra plans will be even longer. Its story quotes a Telstra spokesperson as stating that the carrier won't have pre-orders open until 5 September 2017. That's a fair wait to pre-order, although hopefully Telstra customers won't have to wait any longer to actually get their shiny new smartphones, given it's a pre-sale anyway.
If there's a silver lining to this news, it's that apparently the delay is because Telstra is planning to significantly rejig its general plan inclusions with, reportedly, "new mobile plans that put the spotlight on data and entertainment". Telstra's already got the fastest network in the land, so the prospect of additional data to play with at possibly new price points is tasty.
- Catch.com.au is launching its own prepaid mobile service
- You can now bundle Norton security products with your Vodafone mobile bill
- Optus is giving all Australians 30 days free access to the National Geographic mobile app
- Get a hefty 18GB of mobile data for just $32 a month with Virgin Mobile
- Go big with 18GB of mobile data for just $20 with Vodafone