Telstra ups data on Freedom Plus plan
Telstra’s entry-level recharge for Freedom Plus prepaid plans now comes with additional data.
Data is the essential currency of most mobile phone plans, given how easy it is to get a plan with unlimited calls or texts for relatively low cost. Most of the best data-heavy deals tend to be for postpaid contract plans, and even when there are good deals for prepaid, it’s usually the higher-priced recharges that offer decent amounts (anything under 1GB is very likely to get you into trouble or see you paying high excess data fees).
But that's not always the case. Telstra has made the unusual move of making the data provisions on its entry level $30 Freedom Plus recharge a little higher, going from a base of 1.3GB to 1.5GB.
Sure, that’s only 200MB extra, but every little bit counts. The $30 recharge also qualifies for Telstra’s current night time promotion, which sees Freedom Plus customers enjoy an effective doubling of their data, with an additional 1.5GB of data to use, but only between the hours of 8pm to 8am. You can read our full summary of Telstra’s Freedom Plus plans here.
- Telstra adds Alcatel 1X, Telstra Superior and Telstra Essential Plus to its prepaid range
- What is 5G? Your guide to the future of mobile networks
- Catch Connect is offering 15GB of data for just 99c
- Telstra sweetens its Galaxy Note9 preorder offer with a Tab A
- Vodafone announces Galaxy Note9 plan pricing