Telstra ups data on Freedom Plus plan
Telstra’s entry level recharge for Freedom Plus prepaid plans now come with additional data.
Data is the essential currency of most mobile phone plans, given how easy it is to get a plan with unlimited calls or texts for relatively low cost. Most of the best data-heavy deals tend to be for postpaid contract plans, and even when there are good deals for prepaid, it’s usually the higher-priced recharges that offer decent amounts (anything under 1GB is very likely to get you into trouble or see you paying high excess data fees).
But that's not always the case. Telstra has made the unusual move of making the data provisions on its entry level $30 Freedom Plus recharge a little higher, going from a base of 1.3GB to 1.5GB.
Sure, that’s only 200MB extra, but every little bit counts. The $30 recharge also qualifies for Telstra’s current night time promotion, which sees Freedom Plus customers enjoy an effective doubling of their data, with an additional 1.5GB of data to use, but only between the hours of 8pm to 8am. You can read our full summary of Telstra’s Freedom Plus plans here.
- Catch.com.au is launching its own prepaid mobile service
- You can now bundle Norton security products with your Vodafone mobile bill
- Optus is giving all Australians 30 days free access to the National Geographic mobile app
- Get a hefty 18GB of mobile data for just $32 a month with Virgin Mobile
- Go big with 18GB of mobile data for just $20 with Vodafone