Telstra Superior review: Plans | Pricing | Specs
- Battery Score
- Camera Score
- Design Score
- Performance Score
- Battery Score 2.5
- High resolution screen for a budget phone
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dual-lens cameras
- Slow application performance
- Low battery life
- Bland design
|Launch price (RRP)||$199|
All of Telstra's phones used to come via Chinese maker ZTE, right up until that firm found itself subject to some rather severe US trade restrictions, forcing its factory lines to shut down.
Telstra has pivoted to a new Chinese supplier for its own-brand phones in Alcatel. It has taken the Alcatel 3V as its first "Telstra branded" Alcatel handset and dubbed it the Telstra Superior. It's a low-cost prepaid handset and that raises the question as to what Telstra considers it superior to.
- Terribly generic design.
- Fingerprint sensor.
- Cheap plastic feel.
- Protective case included.
- Dual cameras are unusual at this price point.
- Can't access second camera except for bokeh effects.
- Simple camera app.
- Mediatek MT8735A is predictably sluggish.
- Few preinstalled apps.
- Display is very good for its price range.
- Budget for a microSD card.
- Poor battery life.
- Micro USB charging.
- Not a great handset, but appropriate for its price point.
- A good choice if you just want a big handset.
Pricing and availability
Compare SIM-only plans for the Telstra Superior
Power, storage and battery
Latest Telstra news
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked
January 13, 2019
I would like to know how to extend the ring to this phone please
John Basanes Finder
January 15, 2019
Thank you for reaching out to finder.
To extend the ring time, enter the following sequence on your mobile phone:
**61*101** (number of seconds: 15, 20, 25 or 30) #.
Then press the call/send button.
Hope this helps!