The best deals in Telstra’s Super Saver sale
You could save up to $330 on a new mobile phone with Telstra
Telstra has decided to drop the price way down on several models of mobile phones as part of its Super Saver sale. Until 30 June, Telstra is offering $10 monthly credit on a range of smartphones when you sign up to a 24- or 36-month contract with them. All you do is pick the phone you want and choose one of Telstra's postpaid monthly plans.
Now is a particularly good time to pick up a handset if you've been needing a replacement for a while but haven't seen a deal floating around that you like.
Here's what's available, and a comparison of the old and new pricing from Telstra. Keep in mind that the savings across the board is $240 off Telstra's original price for the handset, thanks to their $10 monthly credit offer being applied. We've used the base model of the phone handset on offer and Telstra's $50 Small plan here to calculate the total price you'd be paying over the course of a 24-month contract.
|Model||Original Telstra price for handset||Super Saver handset price (over 24 months)||Total price (with small plan over 24 months)|
|iPhone XS 64GB||$984||$744||$1944|
|Samsung Galaxy S20 5G 128GB||$1,498||$1,259||$2,459|
|Samsung Galaxy S20+ 128GB||$1,649||$1,409||$2,609|
|Samsung Galaxy A90 5G||$719||$479||$1,679|
|Google Pixel 4 64GB||$719||$479||$1,679|
|Telstra Tough Max 3||$359||$119||$1,319|
Telstra's offering a nice mix of new and older handsets in their sale and they should last you into the future – especially the 5G Samsung handsets, which will be able to take advantage of 5G speeds as these networks are rolled out.
iPhone XS plans
If you're looking for an iPhone, Telstra's offering the iPhone XS in their Super Saver deals. It was released in September last year, and is a slight upgrade on the iPhone X model.
Samsung Galaxy S20 and S20+ plans
The newest handsets of the bunch, Telstra is offering you $240 off the price of both S20 and S20+ models when you sign up to at least a 24-month contract with them. Both these handsets have 5G capability, and if you're looking for the latest 5G phone release, this could be a great deal for you.
Samsung Galaxy A90 5G plans
The Samsung Galaxy A90 features a triple camera, larger-than-average display and 5G connectivity abilities so you can potentially hop on board Telstra's emerging 5G network. This phone was released in September of last year.
Google Pixel 4 plans
The Google Pixel 4 features dual cameras, an astrophotography mode and a cool display, but it has a slighter shorter battery life to the other smartphones in the sale.
Telstra Tough Max 3 plans
The Telstra Tough Max 3 is one of the cheapest of the lot, thanks to it's reduced handset price. This phone is designed to be extremely durable, suitable for farmers, miners or people who just have a tendency to drop their phone on the floor a lot. This model is super new, only launching in January of this year.
Nokia 7.2 plans
Tying with the Telstra Tough Max 3 for being the cheapest offer in the Super Saver sale, the Nokia 7.2 is still a very decent mid-range option for a smartphone. It has grippy glass all over for ease of holding and use, a bigger battery than its predecessor and a large screen-to-body ratio. It was released in September of last year.
Telstra's plan features
When you jump onto a Telstra postpaid plan, you get a whole host of extra features and benefits for the prices you're paying. These include the following:
- 5G access. So long as you have a 5G capable handset, you'll get a free trial of Telstra's 5G network until 30 June. After that, the two cheaper plans will have to pay $15 per month to stay on, while the more expensive plans will stay on automatically. Telstra's 5G network is currently restricted mainly to major metro and CBD areas.
- Unlimited data. When you hit your data cap, you won't get charged for extra data. Instead, you'll be able to continue downloading at a reduced rate of 1.5Mbps, without having to pay anything more.
- Sports streaming. You can watch certain sports like AFL, netball and A-league without using any of your data.
- Music streaming. Stream as much as you want from Apple Music without using up any data. You will need to have an Apple Music subscription, however.
- Telstra Air. All Telstra plans come with free access to the Telstra Air national Wi-Fi network, which includes thousands of hotspots around the country.
- Telstra Plus. Earn Telstra Plus rewards points for paying bills and spend them on a whole range of different things in the Telstra Plus rewards shop.
- International call packs. Get unlimited standard calls and SMS to phones in 25 countries for an extra $10 per month on your mobile plan.
- $10 monthly credit. If you buy a phone on a 24 month contract, you’ll get $10 credit applied to your bill every month.
- New Samsung Note 20 5G plans from Telstra, Optus and Vodafone: Where is the best value?
- Optus freezes mobile plan prices: Is it now better value than Telstra and Vodafone?
- What does the finally completed TPG/Vodafone merger mean for you?
- How does Optus’s unlimited mobile top-up stack up?
- amaysim acquires OVO: What does that mean for you?