Telstra Pixel and Pixel XL plan pricing
Pixel contract plans start from $85 a month.
When Google's Pixel and Pixel XL Android smartphones launch on 20 October, Telstra will be the only Australian carrier to offer them as a contract device. Assuming you don't want to pay between $1,079 and $1,419 to buy the device outright, that's going to be your most economic choice.
Telstra will offer both the Pixel and Pixel XL in 32GB and 128GB variants across its full range of plans, and in both silver and black. The cheapest deal on offer is for the 32GB Pixel on the S plan, which will cost you $85 a month (a total of $2,040 over 24 months). There's no additional handset charge for the 32GB Pixel on the XL or XXL plans, or for the 128GB .
For the Pixel XL, the cheapest deal is $92 a month (a total of $2,208 over 24 months). The only plan that doesn't have an extra handset charge for the Pixel XL in either size is the XXL deal, which costs $195 a month but does include 30GB of data.
Check out the full range of options in the table below; Telstra is accepting pre-orders now. All plans include unlimited texts and calls to Australia numbers, except for the S plan which includes unlimited texts and $550 in call credit.
|Device||Plan||Data||Monthly cost||Total cost|
|Pixel XL 32GB||S||1GB||$92||$2,208|
|Pixel XL 32GB||M||3GB||$105||$2,520|
|Pixel XL 32GB||L||10GB||$114||$2,736|
|Pixel XL 32GB||XL||20GB||$145||$3,480|
|Pixel XL 32GB||XXL||30GB||$195||$4,680|
|Pixel XL 128GB||S||1GB||$101||$2,424|
|Pixel XL 128GB||M||3GB||$114||$2,736|
|Pixel XL 128GB||L||10GB||$121||$2,904|
|Pixel XL 128GB||XL||20GB||$150||$3,600|
|Pixel XL 128GB||XXL||30GB||$195||$4,680|
- Google Pixel XL Review: The ultimate Android experience
- Hands on: Google Daydream VR View review
- Google Home is the speaker hub for Google to rule your life
- Hands on: Google Pixel first impressions review
- Chromecast Ultra Australian price, specs and launch date
- Google’s Project Daydream View is affordable VR for smartphones
- Google WiFi officially unveiled at Pixel event
- Google announces the Pixel and Pixel XL