Telstra is giving Pixel buyers a free Daydream View VR
Pick up Google’s greatest phone and Telstra will throw in a VR headset for free.
Google’s take on premium Android phones, the Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL, are exceptionally capable devices with a lot of appeal, especially to those who like cutting-edge Android thanks to the inclusion of Android 7.0 (AKA "Nougat"). The Pixel phones have top-notch cameras and Google’s very clever AI-run Google Assistant that shows exactly how powerful information can be, because it goes well above and beyond simple queries and really can run your life for you if you let it.
In Australia, the Pixel phones are an exclusive with Telstra if you want them on a contract, and right now (and up until 25 December), Telstra is offering the Pixel and Pixel XL with a very tasty bonus in the form of Google’s Daydream View VR headset.
In order to qualify, you’ve got to sign up for a relevant Pixel plan: specifically a Go Mobile Plus, Go Mobile Plus BYO, Go Mobile Plus Casual plan with a 12 or 24 month device payment contract or Go Mobile Swap Plan. Given the $119 outright asking price for the Daydream View VR, and the fact that it currently works best with Pixel devices, this is a nice deal if you’re already considering a Pixel phone.
- Amazon Prime Day 2021 Australia: Early deals on now
- Today’s ASX top stocks: 8Vi Holdings (8VI ↑23.6%), Avita Medical (AVH ↑12.6%)
- Amazon Prime Day top beauty buys: 40% off FOREO, GHD, L’Oreal
- Paul Gallen vs Justis Huni: Fight time and how to watch live online
- eBay kitchen EOFY sale: 75% off with these discount codes