Telstra Boxing Day sale: $1 NBN + free Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
The telco giant is slashing the cost of its Internet and giving away some freebies to ring in the new year.
From Boxing Day until the 10th of January, Telstra is offering a couple of cheeky deals for those looking to snap up some post-Christmas deals.
If you're in the market for a new phone and are happy to settle for a an affordable Samsung, you can get a:
- Samsung A32 from $68.33/month
- Samsung A52s from $73/month
Prices are based on getting the phone with Telstra's cheapest Upfront plan over 36 months.
You'll also get:
- Free Samsung Galaxy Buds2 (RRP $219) with the A52s
- 3 months free Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription (auto-renews at $15.95/mth afterwards unless you cancel) with both phones
The Xbox Game Pass Ultimate gives you access to more than 100 games and exclusive Microsoft discounts and deals while you're subscribed.
For those after cheap home Internet, you can grab almost all of Telstra's NBN plans for just $1 for the first month:
- NBN 50: $1 for the first month, then $95 a month
- NBN 100: $1 for the first month, then $110 a month
- NBN 250: $1 for the first month, then $140 a month
What do I get with a Telstra plan?
Upfront Mobile Plans
Telstra mobile plans offer between 40GB for $55 up to 180GB for $115 per month. You'll also get:
- 5G network access on some plans
- No excess data charges - keep browsing past your cap at a maximum download speed of 1.5Mbps
- Unlimited SMS to international numbers
- Share your data with up to 10 Upfront Mobile or Data plans on the same account
- Free live sport streaming on the AFLW app
Upfront Internet Plans
Telstra's NBN plans start at NBN 25 and go all the way up to NBN 250. They come with:
- Some of Australia's fastest speeds (Telstra has consistently placed in the top 3 of the ACCC's Broadband Performance Report)
- A free home phone line with unlimited local and national calls (if you want one)
- Telstra Plus rewards points
You'll also get a Telstra Smart Modem included with your plan. If you leave before 24 months are up, you'll need to return the modem or pay a $200 non-return fee.
Are these Telstra deals worth it?
If you're an avid gamer or own an Xbox, the Xbox Game Pass offer could be appealing to you.
However, since the phones themselves aren't any cheaper than usual, this deal is only really worthwhile if you were going to get an A52s or A32 already and want to squeeze some extra freebies out of it.
The $1 NBN deal is quite a bit better - you'll be saving over $90 for the month on a Telstra broadband plan, and is great if you're looking to switch to Telstra already.