Telstra announces Google Home compatibility for its Smart Home accessories
Users of Telstra's Smart Home equipment can now control it with the Google Home speaker.
Google has only just launched its Google Home speaker here in Australia, and as our Google Home Australian review noted, it has some work to do to become an essential part of your daily routine unless you're already deep in the Google ecosystem.
Part of that equation involves smart home automation, and the first steps towards that appear to be taking place, with Telstra announcing today that its range of Telstra Smart Home products are Google Home compatible. Telstra's Smart Home equipment was already app-compatible for simple control whether you were home or not, but the integration with Google Home brings voice control into the mix as well.
Telstra is one of the carriers offering the Google Home speaker on contract with its own Smart Home equipment. Pricing for a Google Home-compliant package starts at $124 per month and includes a 1000GB home Internet bundle. Alternately, you can buy the Google Home outright through Telstra for $199 by itself.
Google Home has the first run advantage against solutions such as Amazon's Echo speaker, likely to launch here in Australia next year, and Apple's HomePod, expected to launch in Australia in December.
Buy Google Home from The Good Guys
Control your home with your voice using the powerful Google Home speaker.View details
- Today’s ASX top stocks: Moneyme (MME ↑18.8%), Cd Private Equity Fund I (CD1 ↑18.5%)
- Amazon Prime Day: 60% off fashion deals you’re not going to want to miss
- Amazon Prime Day home deals to expect: Bose, iRobot and more
- Bitcoin up 21%: Will El Salvador’s big news kick off a fresh bull run?
- Staple items worth a splurge and how you can grab a cheeky 30% off all of them