Telstra announces cyclone assistance package
Telstra has announced a relief package for its Northern Queensland customers affected by Cyclone Debbie.
The telco today announced it would offer assistance for residential and small business customers who have lost service or have been forced to evacuate due to the cyclone. The package includes free use of Telstra public payphones in affected areas and free call diversion from an affected fixed home or business phone service to another fixed or mobile service of the customer’s choice, regardless of the carrier. Customers using the free call diversion can also make local and STD calls on their mobile at fixed line rates.
Telstra area general manager Rachel Cliffe said the cyclone had impacted some Telstra services in the area, after wreaking widespread damage throughout Northern Queensland.
“Telstra has a number of additional resources in the area and ready to use as soon as the cyclones passes, and the emergency services advise our teams that it is safe to enter the affected areas. We understand this is a terrible time for anyone who has been affected by the cyclone and hopefully this package will help people as they work through this time,” she said.
Telstra customers affected by the cyclone can call 132 203 to report a fault or register for the assistance package if they have been forced to evacuate or have lost their home.
- UFC Fight Night: Holloway vs Kattar – start time and how to watch live in Australia
- Melbourne City FC vs Western United A-League: Start time, how to watch free
- BBL Sydney Sixers vs Perth Scorchers: Start time and how to watch free
- Ethereum price: Upward surge noted but fears of near-term volatility continue to persist
- Can Anchorage bring crypto staking and DeFi to banks?