Telstra adds Lumia 950/950XL to its range
Telstra has finally launched the Microsoft Lumia 950 and 950XL on contract. Here’s what you need to know.
The Lumia 950/950XL handsets were released in Australia by Microsoft last November with a stiff "Australia Tax" premium, but were initially only available on contract via Optus.
It’s taken several months, but Telstra has now announced that the Lumia 950 and Lumia 950XL are now available for customers to buy on contract with, as you’d expect, varying contract handset repayment plans on top of their usual S, M, L, XL and Premium plans. Technically speaking the 950XL is intended to be exclusively for Telstra business customers with the 950 being the widely available consumer phone, but at the time of writing there doesn't seem to be an impediment to ordering a 950XL online if that takes your fancy.
The 950 and 950XL represent the current high end in Windows Mobile devices, a market which is now essentially only covered by Microsoft's own handsets.
Here are the essential specifications for both handsets:
|Microsoft||Lumia 950||Lumia 950XL|
|Processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 1.8GHz||Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 2.0GHz|
- Telstra’s giving you 12 months free of Disney+: Here’s how
- Samsung Galaxy S21 FE: Best prices + plans from Telstra, Optus and Vodafone
- Hottest phone deals in 2022: Samsung S21 FE, S22 and more
- Telstra Boxing Day sale: $1 NBN + free Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
- Optus Boxing Day sale: Save $600 on mobile plans + more