Telstra adds billing integration for hayu customers
Ushering in one of the strangest examples of combined utilities we've ever witnessed.
Australia's largest mobile network and Australia's largest purveyor of reality television have combined forces in the weirdest buddy cop duo ever. Telstra and hayu recently announced carrier billing integration for the Telstra TV's version of the hayu app.
Rather than receive two separate bills for both their mobile and/or broadband service and their streaming services, hayu and Telstra users can now bundle both into the same simple bill. Allowing you to see your additional data charges and (maybe) one of the reasons for them to be side-by-side.
To celebrate this new partnership, Telstra and hayu are offering an extended three-month trial of the service when accessed via the Telstra TV app.
Users have been begging for an integrated billing and streaming solution for ages now. With hayu, Netflix, Stan, Prime Video, Foxtel and many more services on the way (Disney being the largest) there's going to become a point where comprehensive integrated billing systems will be one of the most valuable features a telco can offer.
Telstra NBN Home Broadband Unlimited + Streaming Plan $99 24 Month
Telstra TV with Foxtel Now
Min. Total Cost of $2475.00
- Netflix Australia vs Prime Video: Price, content and features compared
- Stan is giving eBay Plus subscribers 3 months free access to its movie and TV library
- This week in streaming: Netflix brings back Wilson Fisk and Supergirl swoops back onto Foxtel
- Gem Finder: Starring Jim Carrey, Kidding is both heartbreaking and hilarious
- This week in streaming: Brave a haunted house with Netflix or fend off The Walking Dead with Foxtel