Being eligible to join Teachers Health gives you more than reduced premiums, it also offers a range of deals and bonuses for signing up.
Teachers Health provides health insurance cover to more than 290,000 individuals in the Australian education community, and as a not-for-profit Members Own fund is able to offer it's members competitive premium rates and access to a range of additional services, all of which are outlined below.
Who can join Teachers Health?
|Who can join?||Eligibility requirements|
|Teachers and academics||Current or former members of these education unions:|
|Education administration staff||Current and former employees of the following organisations who are, or where, also members of an appropriate union:|
|Family members||The following family members of eligible members:|
What extra benefits do I get from being a Teachers Health member?
- Member Wellbeing Network. The Teachers Health Member Wellbeing Network offers access to high-quality care, personalised service and sizeable discounts at a range of partner retailers. The discounts available vary depending on your state or territory, so search for your nearest Member Wellbeing Network provider via the Teachers Health Fund website.
- No-gap preventative dental. Teachers Health members can access a wide range of no gap preventative dental services at Teachers Health Centres. These include comprehensive oral examinations, panoramic and intraoral digital x-rays, scaling, cleaning, polishing and fluoride.
- Optical discounts. Fund members who visit their nearest Teachers Health Centre can access a wide range of optical discounts, such as no gap frame and lens packages and 50% off optical frames. Other benefits include 25% off sunglasses and contact lenses plus free retinal photo and OCT scans.
- Health and fitness discounts. If you’re a Teachers Health member, you can access discounts and special offers at an extensive range of partner health and fitness retailers. Partners include AOK, Jenny Craig and Step Into Life.
- General insurance discounts. Through its partnership with QBE, Teachers Health offers a wide range of insurance products to its members, including motor vehicle, home and contents, and landlord insurance. Multi-policy discounts are available if you take out more than one type of cover.
- 10% off travel insurance. By partnering with Allianz Global Assistance, Teachers Health provides domestic and international travel insurance to its members. Not only do these policies provide much-needed peace of mind, but Teachers Health members can also enjoy a 10% premium discount.
Compare the policy options available from Teachers Health
- Breast cancer’s financial burden
- Health round-up: Online sperm donors, ending obesity and antibiotics
- Binge watchers beware
- Preventable hospitalisations cost the Australian economy billions each year
- Health round-up: e-melanoma checks, suicide prevention texts and bleach danger
- Health rebate helps keep premiums affordable