Do you have health insurance with Teachers Health? Find out what other insurance options are available.
Teachers Health Fund is an industry-based health fund established by the NSW Teachers Federation in 1954 to provide affordable health care for members of the education industry and their families. Today, with more than 290,000 members, it is the largest industry-based fund in Australia,
Other types of cover available
As well as value-for-money health insurance, Teachers Health Fund provides its members with access to a range of insurance including travel, motor vehicle, home and contents and landlord insurance.
In partnership with Allianz Global Assistance, Teachers Health Fund provides a choice of cover options to suit individuals and families with different needs and budgets, including comprehensive, domestic, essentials, multi-trip, cancellation and luggage insurance.
Some of the benefits offered include the following:
- 24/7 emergency assistance and overseas medical emergency assistance through Allianz Global Assistance
- Cover for loss of luggage, travel delays, travel services insolvency and more
- Customised options such as bicycle, golf and snow cover
Motor vehicle insurance
Underwritten by QBE Insurance, Teachers Health Fund offers its members three levels of motor vehicle insurance:
- Third party only. This policy covers your legal liability when your vehicle causes damage to another person’s property. It does not cover damage to your vehicle.
- Third party fire and theft. The policy also gives you protection when your vehicle causes damage to another person's property. It also covers you for damage to your vehicle from fire, theft or attempted theft.
- Comprehensive. This policy covers theft or damage to your vehicle up to the insured amount as well as your legal liability if your vehicle causes damage to another person’s property. It also includes cover for essential temporary repairs, hire car following a theft, travelling expenses, damage to personal items, replacement of keys and re-coding of locks, emergency accommodation and transport costs, replacement vehicle, trailer cover and finance gap cover.
Home and Contents Insurance
Teachers Health Fund has partnered with QBE Insurance to provide its members with flexible home and contents insurance. You can choose to insure your building, its contents or both under QBE’s Home Cover policy, which protects against a range of risks including the following:
- Lightning or thunderbolt
- Accidental glass breakage
- Damage by animals
- Earthquake or tsunami
- Falling tree, branch or aerial
- Storm, rain or flood
- Water or other liquid
- Theft, vandalism and malicious damage
- Fusion of electric motors
- Forced evacuation
- Essential temporary repairs
- Modifications due to paraplegia or quadriplegia
Also in partnership with QBE, Teachers Health Fund is able to offer landlord insurance to its members. Benefits for landlords under this policy include cover for the following:
- Optional rent default
- Malicious damage
- Accidental breakage of glass
- Loss of rent
What are the benefits of Teachers Health Fund?
As an industry-based fund, Teachers Health Fund is dedicated to its members and prioritises their needs over financial outcomes. Any surplus generated by the fund is invested back into the fund to improve benefits and keep premiums as low as possible. As a result, 97% of their members are satisfied with the service.
Teachers Health Fund has also created a range of customised health care products and services. The fund gives generous benefits on a range of Extras and has returned around 91 cents of each dollar paid in premiums in the form of benefits over the last five years.
Teachers Health Fund members also get the following immediate discounts and incentives:
- 10% off travel insurance
- A security discount on your home and contents insurance for installing additional security measures in your home
- A no-claims bonus, which increases each year you don’t make a claim
- A multi-policy discount when you take out more than one type of insurance
- A retiree’s discount if you are retired and no longer working full time
- An over-50 discount for those over 50 years of age and no longer working full time