Teacher’s aide courses online in Australia
Your options for accredited teacher’s aid courses and the topics you’ll study.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
If education is an area that interests you, getting your Teacher's Aide Certificate is a good entry point into this field.
A teacher's aide assists the class teacher with administrative duties such as ordering supplies and classroom responsibilities such as attending to the children.
We'll show you where you can take courses online and how you can advance in the education industry in Australia.
Where can I find teacher's aide courses online?
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Does your company belong in this list?
What online courses are available to become a teacher's aide?
Teacher's aide courses provide you with the knowledge and know-how to work in different settings - from public and private schools to community education centres.
The preliminary online course required is a Teacher's Aide Certificate. This can be obtained from the following institutions:
Teacher's Aide Certificate
A Teacher's Aide Certificate gives you a general knowledge of how to organise and manage a classroom or education centre. From it you'll learn:
- How to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to assist the head teacher
- How to implement planned educational programs.
- How to develop children's literacy, oral language and numeracy skills.
- How to support the health and safety of students by complying with educational legislative requirements.
- Different kinds of behavioural needs.
If you already hold a Teacher's Aide Certificate, you might want to refresh your credentials with a Teacher's Aide Advanced Certificate, which is available from the same educational institutions mentioned above.
A Certificate IV in Education Support can take your training to the next level and advance your knowledge in the field. This course is available online from the following institutions:
|Certificate IV in Education Support|
As the next step in your training, you will develop new skills including:
- Contributing to students' literacy and mathematics studies.
- Supporting the production of language resources.
- Applying curriculum and support learning.
- Moving into different areas, such as working with students with additional needs like autism spectrum disorder.
- Understanding and responding to different learning styles and behavioral traits.
- Advancing your professional practice and developing personal attributes pertinent to the job. This includes good communication and interpersonal skills, patience, compassion and a sense of duty of care.
To take your training even further in the field of education and teaching, you might consider taking a university course in education.
Bachelor of Education (Secondary Education) - for those who want to attain an Initial Teacher Education qualification and to register as a teacher in Australia and other recognised countries.
|Bachelor of Education (Secondary Education)|
What topics may be covered in a teacher's aide online course?
Through your teacher's aide certification, you will learn important interpersonal and communication skills, while developing practical training in classroom management and lesson planning.
The teacher's aide course outline includes the following topics:
- Work effectively with students and colleagues
- Support behaviour of children and young people
- Comply with legislative, policy and industrial requirements in the education environment
- Contribute to the health and safety of children
- Contribute to student education in all developmental domains
- Assist in implementation of planned education and programs
- Contribute to organisation and management of classroom or centre
- Support the development of literacy and oral language skills
- Support the development of numeracy skills
- Support students with additional needs in the classroom environment
- Work with diverse people
- Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- Participate in workplace health and safety
- Supervise students outside the classroom
- Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- Provide first aid
How long does a teacher's aide course take to complete?
A certificate in teacher's aide generally takes six months to complete.
A Certificate IV in Education Support, takes anything from 6 months to 2 years to complete when working at your own pace.
For a bachelor's degree, it can take 3-4 years depending on your field of study.
What are the career opportunities after taking a teacher's aide course?
- Teacher's aide
- Teaching assistant
- Preschool aide
- Education aide
- Integration aide
What equipment and software will I need?
To complete a teacher's aide course online, you will need a laptop or desktop with a stable Internet connection, a microphone and a camera.
You will also need to have access to Zoom for face-to-face sessions. This is free to download.
See the latest deals for teacher's aide courses
More guides on Finder
Today’s ASX top stocks: Moneyme (MME ↑18.8%), Cd Private Equity Fund I (CD1 ↑18.5%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Tuesday 15 June 2021.
Amazon Prime Day: 60% off fashion deals you’re not going to want to miss
Bargain hunters - get ready to save on Nike, New Balance, Cotton On, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein and so much more.
Amazon Prime Day best home deals: Bose, iRobot and more
From home speakers to robot vacuums, these are the items to watch out for this Prime Day.
Staple items worth a splurge and how you can grab a cheeky 30% off all of them
We've got a cheeky 30% off at THE ICONIC so here are the staple items worth a splurge because the savings are too damn good.
THE ICONIC x Finder: Huge 30% off sale + 5 things to shop right now
THE ICONIC's massive sale is exclusive to Finder members and applies to over 40,000 must-have items.
Why the BHP, Rio and FMG share prices are rising
Shares in mining giants BHP, Rio Tinto and Fortescue Metals have climbed between 10%-16% in the last 6 months.
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: $1,000 off Dell gaming laptops, 30% off kids toys, win $10,000 with Optus.
eBay EOFY sales: Best deals from Apple, KitchenAid and more
Score up to 65% off best-selling products with these top end of financial year offers.
Ask an Expert