Teacher’s aide courses online in Australia
Your options for accredited teacher’s aid courses and the topics you’ll study.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
If education is an area that interests you, getting your Teacher's Aide Certificate is a good entry point into this field.
A teacher's aide assists the class teacher with administrative duties such as ordering supplies and classroom responsibilities such as attending to the children.
We'll show you where you can take courses online and how you can advance in the education industry in Australia.
Where can I find teacher's aide courses online?
Does your company belong in this list?
What online courses are available to become a teacher's aide?
Teacher's aide courses provide you with the knowledge and know-how to work in different settings - from public and private schools to community education centres.
The preliminary online course required is a Teacher's Aide Certificate. This can be obtained from the following institutions:
Teacher's Aide Certificate
A Teacher's Aide Certificate gives you a general knowledge of how to organise and manage a classroom or education centre. From it you'll learn:
- How to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to assist the head teacher
- How to implement planned educational programs.
- How to develop children's literacy, oral language and numeracy skills.
- How to support the health and safety of students by complying with educational legislative requirements.
- Different kinds of behavioural needs.
If you already hold a Teacher's Aide Certificate, you might want to refresh your credentials with a Teacher's Aide Advanced Certificate, which is available from the same educational institutions mentioned above.
A Certificate IV in Education Support can take your training to the next level and advance your knowledge in the field. This course is available online from the following institutions:
|Certificate IV in Education Support|
As the next step in your training, you will develop new skills including:
- Contributing to students' literacy and mathematics studies.
- Supporting the production of language resources.
- Applying curriculum and support learning.
- Moving into different areas, such as working with students with additional needs like autism spectrum disorder.
- Understanding and responding to different learning styles and behavioral traits.
- Advancing your professional practice and developing personal attributes pertinent to the job. This includes good communication and interpersonal skills, patience, compassion and a sense of duty of care.
To take your training even further in the field of education and teaching, you might consider taking a university course in education.
Bachelor of Education (Secondary Education) - for those who want to attain an Initial Teacher Education qualification and to register as a teacher in Australia and other recognised countries.
|Bachelor of Education (Secondary Education)|
What topics may be covered in a teacher's aide online course?
Through your teacher's aide certification, you will learn important interpersonal and communication skills, while developing practical training in classroom management and lesson planning.
The teacher's aide course outline includes the following topics:
- Work effectively with students and colleagues
- Support behaviour of children and young people
- Comply with legislative, policy and industrial requirements in the education environment
- Contribute to the health and safety of children
- Contribute to student education in all developmental domains
- Assist in implementation of planned education and programs
- Contribute to organisation and management of classroom or centre
- Support the development of literacy and oral language skills
- Support the development of numeracy skills
- Support students with additional needs in the classroom environment
- Work with diverse people
- Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- Participate in workplace health and safety
- Supervise students outside the classroom
- Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- Provide first aid
How long does a teacher's aide course take to complete?
A certificate in teacher's aide generally takes six months to complete.
A Certificate IV in Education Support, takes anything from 6 months to 2 years to complete when working at your own pace.
For a bachelor's degree, it can take 3-4 years depending on your field of study.
What are the career opportunities after taking a teacher's aide course?
- Teacher's aide
- Teaching assistant
- Preschool aide
- Education aide
- Integration aide
What equipment and software will I need?
To complete a teacher's aide course online, you will need a laptop or desktop with a stable Internet connection, a microphone and a camera.
You will also need to have access to Zoom for face-to-face sessions. This is free to download.
See the latest deals for teacher's aide courses
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: 70% off at ASOS, half-price weights bench, 55% off Panasonic Headphones.
Best carpet shampooers in Australia
We compared hundreds of customer reviews and found the five best carpet shampooers you can buy online in Australia.
Online nail technician courses
Become an in-demand nail tech with these online nail technician courses.
Pharmacy courses online
Get a healthy dose of information to help you choose the right online pharmacy course for you.
Online social media courses
Become a social media guru by completing an online course.
Where to buy chess books online with free delivery in Australia
Are you looking to improve your chess game with instructional chess books? Here are some of the best online bookstores that offer free delivery and signed copies.
Graphic designer resume templates (Australia)
Get set up for success with a CV that matches high-quality visuals with the right words.
How to start a rubbish removal business
From your business structure to pricing, here's what you need to know about starting a rubbish removal business.
How to start an entertainment business
Here's everything you need to know to set up and grow your entertainment business.
How to start a gardening business
Here are all the things you need to know for a successful gardening business.
Ask an Expert