Taxify driver guide Sydney
Find out if being a Taxify driver in Sydney is right for you.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
Whether you're looking to supplement your main income or you just want a job where you can choose your own hours, you may be considering signing up as a Taxify driver. This guide will take you through what you need to know about being a Taxify driver in Sydney including commission, vehicle requirements and how it compares to Uber and Ola.
What is Taxify?
Taxify is an international rideshare platform that launched in Australia in December 2017. It counts more than 10 million Taxify users and operates in more than 25 countries globally, including across Europe and Africa.
Where in Australia does Taxify operate?
At the time of writing, Taxify operates in the following Australian cities:
How to be eligible to be a Taxify driver in Sydney
The criteria for Taxify drivers depend on the city you want to sign up to drive in. The following criteria apply to Sydney:
|Location||Driver requirements||Vehicle requirements|
|Row title 1|
What are the benefits of driving with Taxify in Sydney?
Taxify offers a number of benefits to its drivers. When you sign up to drive with the rideshare platform in Sydney, expect the following:
- Weekly payment. You will be paid weekly into your nominated bank account.
- Bonuses. Taxify runs regular promotions where drivers can earn bonuses for various things, including driving during certain peak times and exceeding driving hour requirements.
- Rides to where you want to go. Within the Taxify app, there is an option to select "rides toward your destination". You can choose this when you're ready to head home.
- Easy signup. You can sign up online in about five minutes and Taxify reviews all applications within 24 hours. Once your vehicle is inspected and your documents submitted, you can start driving.
- Driver safety. Taxify offers drivers an in-app SOS button that you can use in case of emergency.
Compare rideshare driving in Sydney: Taxify vs Uber vs Ola
|Cities||Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane||In every state (Darwin launching August 2018)||Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Gold Coast, Canberra, Adelaide and Brisbane|
|How drivers are paid||Weekly transfer to your nominated bank account||Weekly transfer to your nominated bank account||Daily transfer to your nominated bank account|
|Commission||15%||25%||7.5% introductory rate for first 30 days, increases to 15%|
|Signup||Sign up online and have your vehicle inspected||Sign up online, have your vehicle inspected and take part in in-person training||Sign up online and wait to get activated|
How do you sign up to drive with Taxify in Sydney?
The sign-up process for Taxify is relatively quick but the activation time can vary. Here is how to get started:
- Head to the Taxify website and enter your email, phone number and the city you want to drive in (Sydney).
- The next step will prompt you to fill in more details, such as your name and the car you'll be driving. Make sure it meets the criteria outlined above.
- You will then need to provide your date of birth and driver's licence number. If you have an out-of-state licence, you will need to provide your driving record and image of your licence.
- Provide the requested documents. There are eight in total and include a driving record less than 12 months old, your birth certificate and your insurance documents. You'll also need an image of yourself.
- The last step requires you to provide your ABN, ACN (if applicable) and your banking details.
Find a rental vehicle to drive with Taxify in Sydney
More guides on Finder
2021 Ute guide
Looking for a new ute? Don't buy one till you've read our 2021 ute guide
New DiDi rideshare service shaves 20% more off Sydney rides
One of the most affordable Sydney rideshares just got cheaper.
DiDi’s contactless delivery is now available in Sydney
Sending items across Sydney just got a whole lot cheaper and safer with DiDi.
Deliver with Amazon Flex
Drive with Amazon Flex with our detailed guide to delivering packages in your free time.
DiDi vs Uber: Comparison for drivers
Find out how ridesharing app DiDi compares to Uber for drivers in this guide.
Tips for saving on your insurance bills
Here's how you could save hundreds of dollars a year, just by looking at your insurance for a few minutes.
How rideshare is keeping you safe during the coronavirus pandemic
If you're avoiding public transport these rideshares have implemented health-conscious policies to reduce the spread of coronavirus. Here's what they are.
DiDi Driver Guide: Sydney
If you're looking to start driving with DiDi in Sydney, you'll need to meet certain requirements. Find out everything you need to know in this guide.
DiDi driver guide: Melbourne
Find out everything you need to know - from car requirements to getting paid - about becoming a rideshare driver with DiDi in Melbourne.
DiDi car rentals
Find out more about how you can be a driver with DiDi, even if you don't own your own car. Rent a car and start making money using the ridesharing platform.
Ask an Expert