Taxify driver guide Melbourne
A detailed guide so you can decide if you should sign up with the Uber rival.
Ridesharing can be a great way to earn a second income or a flexible job to choose if you want to set your own hours. Now that there are multiple ridesharing platforms to choose from, you want to make sure you're signing up with the one that's right for you.
This guide will take you through the important points about signing up with Taxify to drive in Melbourne, including the commission structure, vehicle requirements and how it compares to Uber and Ola.
A bit about Taxify
Founded in Estonia, Taxify is an international rideshare platform that now operates in 25 countries around the world. It launched in Australia in December 2017 and also operates in Europe, Africa, Iraq and Saudi Arabia.
Where does Taxify operate in Australia?
Taxify currently operates in the following Australian cities:
Are you eligible to drive with Taxify in Melbourne?
Eligibility criteria differ for Taxify drivers between cities. The following standards apply to Melbourne drivers:
|Location||Driver requirements||Vehicle requirements|
Why should you sign up to drive with Taxify in Melbourne?
There are a number of benefits to signing up to drive with Taxify in Melbourne.
- Choose your direction of travel. If you plan on heading home soon, Taxify lets you select "rides towards your destination" so you can work your way towards home.
- Get paid weekly. You can start to see your earnings pretty soon after you make them, with Taxify paying you weekly to your nominated bank account.
- Fast sign-up process. You can register to ride with Taxify online and your application will be reviewed within 24 hours. After your vehicle is inspected you can start earning money as a driver-partner.
- Safety feature. Should you ever find yourself in danger on a trip, Taxify offers drivers an "SOS" safety button within the Taxify app that you can use.
Rideshare driving in Melbourne: Taxify vs Uber vs Ola
|Cities||Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane||All states (Darwin available 2018)||Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Gold Coast, Canberra, Adelaide and Brisbane|
|How drivers are paid||Weekly bank transfer||Weekly bank transfer||Daily bank transfer (banking days)|
|Commission||15%||25%||Introductory rate of 7.%, this increases to 15% after one month|
|Signup||Online + vehicle inspection + in-person training||Online + vehicle inspection + in-person training||Online|
How do you sign up to drive with Taxify in Melbourne?
You can sign up online in about five minutes and the in-person training takes about 30 minutes. Here's the registration process:
- Make sure you meet the driver and vehicle requirements
- Head to the Taxify website and select the driver sign-up form
- Provide your email, phone number and nominate the city where you want to drive (Melbourne)
- Enter your vehicle information
- Enter your driver's licence details
- Provide Taxify with the documents requested. There are eight documents in total that are required
- Provide your ABN or ACN and your banking information
Don't have a car? Compare rental options for Taxify in Melbourne
Ask an Expert