Get Started: Get your mobile storage from TAXIBOX. Use our code THRIFTY50 to get $50 off your first booking.
If you're moving to a new place or looking for a storage solution that will fit your needs to a T, TAXIBOX can provide some assistance. The company offers a variety of services including mobile storage, on-site storage, interstate moving and more.
They aim to make the process as seamless and transparent as possible, so you will experience minimal hassle on moving day. Here's everything you need to know before you book one of their containers.
What is TAXIBOX?
TAXIBOX is an Australian mobile storage company that offers storage options customers can choose from.
TAXIBOX delivers secure storage units directly to the homes and offices of their customers. You then pack your belongings into the unit and wait for the company to pick it up and move it either to a new location or to TAXIBOX's own storage facility, where you can access it six days per week.
A TAXIBOX unit is 2.4m long, 1.5m wide and 2.2m high on the outside. On the inside, it's 2.32m long, 1.46m wide and 2m high. A TAXIBOXES can hold up to 1 tonne of weight, so it can be used to hold a large number of items. It also has a door which swings open to allow you to easily add and remove items. Depending on how much stuff you need to load, you may need to book several storage units.
What is included in a TAXIBOX service?
Depending on your needs, TAXIBOX offers a variety of services:
- Mobile self-storage. Just like traditional storage, only the storage unit comes to you and goes back to the TAXIBOX facility for storage once packed;
- On-site storage. The storage unit can stay on your property for as long as needed for easy access to your belongings;
- Cool storage. A temperature-controlled storage unit that's delivered to your door;
- Moving interstate. You fill up the storage unit and TAXIBOX transports it to your new interstate location;
- Packing supplies. The company also offers packing supplies like boxes, protection and accessories.
How do I move my TAXIBOX?
Once you've filled up your unit, TAXIBOX comes and moves it to their storage facility or your new home or office. You don't need to move the TAXIBOX yourself which saves you having to book a truck or ute yourself.
How much does a TAXIBOX cost?
The cost depends on a variety of factors, such as whether you're storing or moving, how many storage units you need and whether you're keen on hiring additional services like removalists to help you load your possessions and insurance. For example:
- Getting a TAXIBOX delivered in Sydney and storing it at the company's facility will cost you approximately $159 per month plus delivery fees from $149
- Hiring a TAXIBOX to keep at your Sydney property for up to three months it will cost you $179 per month plus a delivery fee from $149
- Moving one TAXIBOX from Sydney to Melbourne costs $1049 and includes one month of storage
You can enjoy significant discounts if you store long-term. The fees are transparent so you can get an instant quote on the company's website once you select the services you're interested in.
How do I compare mobile storage services like TAXIBOX?
There are several other mobile storage companies operating in Australia. When deciding on the right company for you, consider your location, the cost and the reputation of the company you're reaching out to.
We highly recommend you check out online reviews and ask for recommendations from friends who used the company before. Alternatives to TAXIBOX in Australia include PODS, MetroBOX, Smartbox and gobox.
If you're set on TAXIBOX, think about what kind of storage best fits your needs. Do you want mobile storage or would you prefer to go to them yourself? On-site or at their facility? If you're unsure, you can reach out to the company for more information.
What to consider when booking a TAXIBOX
- How many TAXIBOX units you'll need. Each TAXIBOX typically accommodates an average room to a room and a half of household belongings. The TAXIBOX website has a calculator which can help you decide how many units you'll need.
- Whether you need help loading the TAXIBOX. Removalist hire is available for an extra charge.
- How much time you'll need to load the storage unit. This is flexible, but you can save cash if you're quick; for instance, you can choose the wait on-site option, which means the driver will wait on-site for up to 30 minutes free of charge for you to load the TAXIBOX.
- How long you'll need to store the TAXIBOX. If you're planning on leaving your TAXIBOX at the TAXIBOX storage facility, there are discounts for longer storage lengths.
Do I need to be there when my storage unit is picked up for removal?
Yes. The whole idea behind TAXIBOX is that you load the storage unit yourself for convenience. Whether you're moving, storing the unit on-site or sending it back to the company's facility, you should be home when the TAXIBOX arrives.
Pros and cons of TAXIBOX
- Cost-effective, especially for long-term storage
- You can take your time to pack and load everything neatly
- Convenient – no more hiring trucks or movers, you can do it yourself
- Versatile and private
- Sturdy, secure and weather-proof storage units
- You can store the unit on your property or in the company's safe indoor storage facilities
- TAXIBOX offers delivery within a limited, metro area
- Movers and packing materials cost extra
Whether you're looking for a short or long-term storage solution, TAXIBOX can save you money and give you peace of mind knowing your belongings are safe. Plus, you don't need to drive to the storage facility, which is always a plus.
TAXIBOX frequently asked questions
How do you book a TAXIBOX?
You can book a TAXIBOX on the company's website or via phone. TAXIBOX will ask whether you're moving to a new property or just need the unit for storage at the TAXIBOX facility or your own property.
Can TAXIBOX help me move interstate?
Yes. TAXIBOX can move your belongings from door-to-door, between Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.
Does TAXIBOX offer regular self-storage services?
Yes. You can check in/out directly at any of the company's mobile self-storage facilities.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked