Tax Return 24/7: An over-the-phone tax return service

Tax Return 24/7 allows you to complete your tax return over the phone with help from tax agents.

We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!

Melbourne-based Tax Return 24/7 has been helping Australians with their tax since 2012. They can help with a range of taxation needs and provide tax advice to people in all circumstances. Their service is conducted over the phone, so you can use the service no matter where you're based in Australia.

How does Tax Return 24/7 work?

Using Tax Return 24/7 is quite simple, and is done over the phone. Before you call or receive a call you’ll need to have all of your information in front of you.

Step 1: Head to their website and call Tax Return 24/7, or enter their online form indicating a time they can call you.

Step 2: A Tax Return 24/7 agent will talk you through your return and fill it in as you go. If you need to send any supporting information you can do this via email, fax or text message.

Step 3: An agent from Tax Return 24/7 will sign off on your refund and you should get your refund within a few days.

How much does it cost?

The fees are different for individuals and companies, and also vary depending on the deductions you're claiming.

Individual tax return

A basic individual tax return (this is a standard employee return with salary or wages) will cost $99. If you have lots of complex deductions to claim or investments that generate income, it'll cost a bit more than this, as shown below.

Type of ServiceFee
Rental property$79.95
Capital gains tax$49.95
Business return$49.95
Sole trader return$200
Partnership return$250
ABN/TFN registration$100

Company tax return

If you’re applying on behalf of your business or company then expect to pay the following fees for your service.

Type of ServiceFee
Company formation$700
Trust formation (personal trustee)$600
Trust formation (Corporate trustee)$990
Company tax return$1200
Trust tax return$1200
Business activity statements (BAS) based on numbers provided by client$50
BAS lodgement including preparation of accounts$300

Can TaxReturn24/7 help with late tax returns?

The longer you leave your tax return the higher chance you have of receiving an Australian Taxation Office (ATO) penalty. Fortunately, TaxReturn24/7 are a provider that can help with a late return, and may even be able to help you avoid any fines. Contact them as per the steps above to find out more.

What kind of deductions can TaxReturn 24/7 help me claim?

There are a whole host of deductions that you can claim on your tax return, some you will know but others might surprise you. Deductions could include:

  • Vehicle and travel expenses.
  • Clothing, laundry and dry cleaning expenses.
  • Gifts and charitable donations.
  • Home office expenses.
  • Interest, dividend and other investment income.
  • Self education.
  • Tools and equipment.
  • Overtime meals.
  • Union fees.
  • Cost of managing your tax affairs.

Frequently asked tax questions

Users are also requested to read all terms and conditions related document carefully before committing to any Tax Specialists Service.

More guides on Finder

Ask an Expert

You are about to post a question on

  • Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
  • is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
  • We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
  • Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked

Finder only provides general advice and factual information, so consider your own circumstances, or seek advice before you decide to act on our content. By submitting a question, you're accepting our Terms of Use, Disclaimer & Privacy Policy and Privacy & Cookies Policy.

2 Responses

    Default Gravatar
    ZakFebruary 18, 2018

    Need an advice !

      Avatarfinder Customer Care
      JonathanMarch 6, 2018Staff

      Hi Zak, thanks for your inquiry!

      Did you have a specific question in regards to tax returns?



Go to site