POP tax returns
Quick and easy digital tax returns from just $19 for low income earners
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
POP uses a clever artificial intelligence (AI) tool to offer quick and easy digital tax returns that are tailored to the industry you work in.
By asking what industry you work in, whether you’re a teacher, tradesperson, retail worker, nurse or work in another industry, POP’s AI tool will assist you to complete your return by giving tips and general advice based on the relevant deductions that you’re eligible for. You can also speak to a tax specialist on live chat while you’re completing your return, if you have any questions.
With the POP digital tax return service you can complete your tax return online starting from just $19, in less than 10 minutes.
What tax services does POP offer?
POP offers tax return solutions for all Australians, no matter what you're earning or what industry you're working in.
- Low income earners. There's a special low price if you're earning below $20,000 a year.
- Full-time employees. There's an option available for employees who earn a standard salary or wages. This option is suited to all employees regardless of how much you earn and what industry you're in.
- Investors. If you have investments like shares, property or any other investment, there's a tax return option for you.
- Business returns. The Do-it-For-You (DiFY) Return is suited to anyone with an ABN, including small businesses and sole traders. This option is also a cheap and easy solution for anyone who wants their tax return completed on their behalf.
What fees does POP charge?
|Type of return||Fees charged|
|Low Income Return||From $19 if you're earning below $20,000 a year|
|Simple Return||From $39 for salary and wages including deductions|
|Investor Return||From $59 for more complex returns, including investments like property and/or shares|
|Do-it-For-You (DiFY) Return||From $129 if you're a sole trader with an ABN, or if you want a tax specialist to do everything for you|
What are the steps involved in completing a tax return with POP?
- Register. Head to the POP website and register your email to get started.
- Select your return type. Once you've successfully registered, you'll be invited to begin your tax return by selecting the type of return you're after (from the list above).
- Complete your return. You can complete your return online with the help of the AI-powered Max-Deductible tool and live chat.
- Submit and pay. When you're done, submit your return and POP will lodge it with the ATO on your behalf. All you need to do now is pay (payment options are below) and wait for your refund to arrive in your bank account.
This entire process takes less than 15 minutes from start to finish, and you can expect your tax refund within one to two weeks.
What payment options does POP offer?
There are a number of different ways you can pay for your tax return:
- Debit or credit. You can pay for your tax return using a debit card or credit card when you've completed your return online.
- Pay from refund. If you'd prefer, you can opt to have the fee for completing your return deducted from your tax refund amount. This way, there's no up-front cost.
More guides on Finder
RCG (Responsible Conduct of Gambling) courses online
Stack the odds in your favour by completing your RCG course online and launch your career in hospitality.
Are you better off putting $10k in your home loan or in super?
Our experts crunch the numbers to help you work out the best place to park your money: is it your mortgage or your super fund?
Ecovacs Deebot U2 Pro review
The Ecovacs Deebot U2 Pro impresses with its pet hair friendly larger dustbin, but has issues with basic navigation that make it a little challenging to use every day.
How to start a wallpaper business
Equip yourself with the right know-how to open your own wallpaper business.
How to start a t-shirt business
Start building a profitable side hustle by setting up a t-shirt business.
How to start a fitness business
Read these top tips to help you launch a successful fitness company.
How to start an entertainment business
Here's everything you need to know to set up and grow your entertainment business.
How to start a grocery delivery business
Here's what you need to know before launching your new grocery delivery company.
How to start an upholstery cleaning business
Here’s your straightforward guide to setting up your new upholstery cleaning venture for success.
Ask an Expert