We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
POP uses a clever artificial intelligence (AI) tool to offer quick and easy digital tax returns that are tailored to the industry you work in.
By asking what industry you work in, whether you’re a teacher, tradesperson, retail worker, nurse or work in another industry, POP’s AI tool will assist you to complete your return by giving tips and general advice based on the relevant deductions that you’re eligible for. You can also speak to a tax specialist on live chat while you’re completing your return, if you have any questions.
With the POP digital tax return service you can complete your tax return online starting from just $19, in less than 10 minutes.
What fees does POP charge?
|Type of return||Fees charged|
|Low Income Return||From $19 if you're earning below $20,000 a year|
|Simple Return||From $49 for salary and wages including deductions|
|Investor Return||From $99 for more complex returns, including investments like property and/or shares|
|Do-it-For-You (DiFY) Return||From $149 if you're a sole trader with an ABN, or if you want a tax specialist to do everything for you|
What tax services does POP offer?
POP offers tax return solutions for all Australians, no matter what you're earning or what industry you're working in.
- Low income earners. There's a special low price if you're earning below $20,000 a year.
- Full-time employees. There's an option available for employees who earn a standard salary or wages. This option is suited to all employees regardless of how much you earn and what industry you're in.
- Investors. If you have investments like shares, property or any other investment, there's a tax return option for you.
- Business returns. The Do-it-For-You (DiFY) Return is suited to anyone with an ABN, including small businesses and sole traders. This option is also a cheap and easy solution for anyone who wants their tax return completed on their behalf.
What are the steps involved in completing a tax return with POP?
- Register. Head to the POP website and register your email to get started.
- Select your return type. Once you've successfully registered, you'll be invited to begin your tax return by selecting the type of return you're after (from the list above).
- Complete your return. You can complete your return online with the help of the AI-powered Max-Deductible tool and live chat.
- Submit and pay. When you're done, submit your return and POP will lodge it with the ATO on your behalf. All you need to do now is pay (payment options are below) and wait for your refund to arrive in your bank account.
This entire process takes less than 15 minutes from start to finish, and you can expect your tax refund within one to two weeks.
What payment options does POP offer?
There are a number of different ways you can pay for your tax return:
- Debit or credit. You can pay for your tax return using a debit card or credit card when you've completed your return online.
- Pay from refund. If you'd prefer, you can opt to have the fee for completing your return deducted from your tax refund amount. This way, there's no up-front cost.
More guides on Finder
Taxing your bills: Aussies will use their tax returns to help with rising expenses
Millions of struggling households will use their tax return to help with rising bills, according to new research by Finder.
EOFY laptop sale: 45% off HP, Lenovo, Dell, Apple and more
With so many retailers desperately pushing stock out the door, end of financial year (EOFY) sales are the perfect chance to grab a new laptop.
End Of Financial Year sale 2022: How to get the best deals
Here are 5 expert shopping tips to guide you through this year's end-of-financial-year sales.
Finder Earn and Tax
This page is provided as general information only and we recommend that you seek independent tax advice.
Earning over $45K? Here’s 1 thing you can do in June to boost your tax return
The more money you earn, the more you stand to save with this tax tip.
Koinly is a crypto tax software that consolidates your accounts and generates your tax docs.
Labor wins the 2022 election: How will it impact your portfolio?
Find out how the Albanese government is likely to impact your investment returns.
5 business tips for tax time in 2022
SPONSORED: We asked the experts what advice they’re giving businesses as we head into another tax season.
5 ways to beat petrol prices
Lots of easy hacks and tips to help you stretch your petrol spending – without running the fuel tank down to empty.
Ask an Expert