POP tax returns
Quick and easy digital tax returns from just $19 for low income earners
POP uses a clever artificial intelligence (AI) tool to offer quick and easy digital tax returns that are tailored to the industry you work in.
By asking what industry you work in, whether you’re a teacher, tradesperson, retail worker, nurse or work in another industry, POP’s AI tool will assist you to complete your return by giving tips and general advice based on the relevant deductions that you’re eligible for. You can also speak to a tax specialist on live chat while you’re completing your return, if you have any questions.
With the POP digital tax return service you can complete your tax return online starting from just $19, in less than 10 minutes.
What tax services does POP offer?
POP offers tax return solutions for all Australians, no matter what you're earning or what industry you're working in.
- Low income earners. There's a special low price if you're earning below $20,000 a year.
- Full-time employees. There's an option available for employees who earn a standard salary or wages. This option is suited to all employees regardless of how much you earn and what industry you're in.
- Investors. If you have investments like shares, property or any other investment, there's a tax return option for you.
- Business returns. The Do-it-For-You (DiFY) Return is suited to anyone with an ABN, including small businesses and sole traders. This option is also a cheap and easy solution for anyone who wants their tax return completed on their behalf.
What fees does POP charge?
|Type of return||Fees charged|
|Low Income Return||From $19 if you're earning below $20,000 a year|
|Simple Return||From $39 for salary and wages including deductions|
|Investor Return||From $59 for more complex returns, including investments like property and/or shares|
|Do-it-For-You (DiFY) Return||From $129 if you're a sole trader with an ABN, or if you want a tax specialist to do everything for you|
What are the steps involved in completing a tax return with POP?
- Register. Head to the POP website and register your email to get started.
- Select your return type. Once you've successfully registered, you'll be invited to begin your tax return by selecting the type of return you're after (from the list above).
- Complete your return. You can complete your return online with the help of the AI-powered Max-Deductible tool and live chat.
- Submit and pay. When you're done, submit your return and POP will lodge it with the ATO on your behalf. All you need to do now is pay (payment options are below) and wait for your refund to arrive in your bank account.
This entire process takes less than 15 minutes from start to finish, and you can expect your tax refund within one to two weeks.
What payment options does POP offer?
There are a number of different ways you can pay for your tax return:
- Debit or credit. You can pay for your tax return using a debit card or credit card when you've completed your return online.
- Pay from refund. If you'd prefer, you can opt to have the fee for completing your return deducted from your tax refund amount. This way, there's no up-front cost.
Read more on this topic
Deliveroo partners with Australian app to ease tax headache for its 8,000 riders Deliveroo has partnered with Solo & Smart, an app that helps contract workers better manage their end-of-year tax obligations.
Tax and the gig economy: What you need to know Mark Chapman goes through the tax requirements you need to know about if you're an Uber driver, Airbnb host or do other work in the gig economy.
Guide to lodging a tax return in Australia Everything you need to know about completing your tax return in Australia. This guide outlines how to lodge your return, how to compare tax agents, the deductions you can claim and when you'll get your tax back.
TaxFin online tax returns TaxFin can help individuals, students, businesses and those on work visas to prepare and lodge their tax returns with the ATO online.
LINK Chartered Accountants The tax specialists at LINK can help you complete your tax return over email, without stepping foot in the office.
Hotman & Brown tax and accounting services Hotman & Brown specialises in individual and business tax returns for sole traders, start-ups, SMEs and companies.
Everest Tax: Online tax returns Everest Tax offers quick and easy tax return lodgement over the phone, via email or in person.
A One Accountants tax returns A One Accountants can help you lodge your tax return online and maximise your tax refund.
Bennetts Tax & BAS service tax returns Bennetts Tax can help you complete your tax return online, and claim any verifiable work-related deductions you have to help maximise your tax refund.
FinTax Group online tax returns FinTax Group offers cheap, fast online tax returns that can help you maximise your tax refund this financial year.
Ask an Expert