Take off to Texas from just $857 return flying Air New Zealand
Experience charming hospitality, expansive landscapes and tasty barbecue delights in America's Deep South.
They say everything is bigger in Texas. That doesn't mean that the cost to get there should also be inflated. Air New Zealand is offering full-service flights to the second largest state in the USA from just $857 return.
The cheapest fares are from the Gold Coast to Houston, starting at $857 return. Score flights from Melbourne to Houston from $871 return, Sydney to Houston from $887 return and Brisbane to Houston from $892 return. Regardless of where you depart from in Australia, currently fares don't exceed $1,000 return.
All flights include a brief stopover in Auckland. However, Perth passengers may experience lengthier layovers.
Air New Zealand is a full-service carrier. This means checked luggage, in-flight meals and drinks are included.
Travel times are quite extensive, ranging from late July to early December. Depending on your availability and what you want to do, you can catch the end of summer, all of fall or the beginning of the winter season.
Don't miss out on these super cheap fares. They're not part of any particular sale, so they won't last too long.
Select and compare travel dates and book your flights with I Want That Flight.
How good are these Air New Zealand fares to Texas?
- Price: Great. Air New Zealand's previous summertime sale had fares to Houston from $1,033. You're saving almost $200, although these aren't summer dates. According to Skyscanner, the average flight between Melbourne and Houston costs $1,499 return, which is $600+ more than these sale fares.
- Airline: Great. Air New Zealand is a full-service airline and regarded as the second best in the Australia/Pacific region.
- Frequent Flyer Points: Great. Earn between 15-60 Airpoints Dollars and 40-86 Status Points on Economy Saver fares.
- Travel time: Good. All flights include a layover in Auckland.
- Weather: Great. There's plenty of late 2019 dates available and Texas is one of the warmer US states.
- UPDATED: What to know about the Tasmanian border reopening
- Klook’s new tour brings a taste of Europe to the Hunter Valley: Here’s our review
- Queensland reopens its borders to NSW: Here’s what you need to know
- Review: What to expect from the Madame Tussauds Sydney TikTok challenge
- $4 million in travel vouchers for South Australians: Are you eligible?