Take off to South Africa with flights from $1,097 return
Your ticket to a wicked wildlife experience from five Aussie cities.
Have you gotten over seeing your friends' holiday snaps filled with giraffes and lions from South Africa? See what all the fuss is about with these flights to Johannesburg from $1,097 with South African Airways.
Perth is leading the charge with flights as low as $1,097 for travel in March 2019.
Other cities will need to pay more to get in on this sale but travel dates are a lot more extensive with select dates between February and November 2019.
You can score flights to Johannesburg from Melbourne or Sydney from $1,449, Adelaide from $1,455 and Brisbane from $1,459.
Keen? You can book these fares now through Flight Centre. Try not to think too long as this deal ends 5 January 2019 unless sold out earlier.
How good are these Johannesburg fares?
- Price: Okay. While flights from Perth are $58 cheaper than the last South African Airways sale, fares from other cities are a lot more this time around. Travel dates are much better by comparison, though.
- Airline: Good. South African Airways is a 4-star full-service carrier and checked luggage, in-flight meals and entertainment are included in your fare.
- Travel time: Good. Flights from Perth are direct to Johannesburg and all other cities have a domestic connection through Perth via Virgin Australia.
- Weather: Great. These flights are during the best time to visit South Africa, especially if you're keen to do some animal spotting on safari or spot the southern right whales off the coast.
- Qantas sets date for international flights to US, UK, Fiji and more
- Virgin Australia VA-X and Win competition: All the details
- How I used Qantas Points to see Antarctica (as nowhere else is open)
- NSW Dine and Discover vouchers extended: Best ways to use yours now
- The 5 best Flight Centre EOFY travel deals