Take off to Beijing from only $538 return with Qantas
Last-minute fares for long-lasting memories.
The flying kangaroo, more commonly known as Qantas, is taking you to the capital of China for cheap this year with discounted fares from August to December. Prices start from $538 return if you depart from Sydney and the flights are direct and all-inclusive, making them a super sweet deal.
These aren't the cheapest flights available. Hainan Airlines takes the crown with its Sydney-Beijing flights from $381 return during October, though some Hainan Airlines flights include long layovers in Changsha, which isn't an appealing option for the time-poor. When you fly with Qantas you also have the added benefit of being able to rack up Qantas Frequent Flyer Points.
Other Qantas sample fares include:
- Melbourne to Beijing from $540 return. Sample travel dates include 26 October-14 November and 6-20 November.
- Brisbane to Beijing from $542 return. Sample travel dates include 26 October-8 November and 7-21 November.
- Adelaide to Beijing from $578 return. Sample travel dates include 5-20 November and 6-20 November.
- Canberra to Beijing from $695 return. Sample travel dates include 26 September-10 October and 1-15 October.
- The Gold Coast to Beijing from $738 return. Sample travel dates include 26 September-10 October and 1-15 October.
- Hobart to Beijing from $763 return. Sample travel dates include 16-29 August and 26 October-8 November.
August is Beijing's summer and also the peak tourist season, featuring temperatures over 35°C and rainfall. If you're keen for a more comfortable experience, we suggest travelling during the cooler and less touristy period of September to October, which is autumn in Beijing.
Seats on these flights are strictly limited and are available until sold out. You can search for these sale flights as well as other flights to Beijing below:
Find cheap flights to Beijing
- Stop everything: Jetstar’s doing a flash Return for FREE sale
- Eat, shop and repeat in Hong Kong with Cathay Pacific flights from $558 return
- Fly to the USA on Air New Zealand from $389
- Flight Centre’s travel sale boasts full-service international flights from $499 return
- AirAsia’s MEGA sale is back with flights from $99