Sydney Opera House on New Year’s Eve 2020/2021
Have an unbelievable start to the year with an opera followed by the unrivalled views of the midnight fireworks.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Sydney is famous for being one of the greatest places in the world to ring in the new year.
Pair that with a seat in the city's iconic Sydney Opera House for its New Year's Eve show and you've got a night that's pretty hard to forget - including panoramic views of the Sydney Harbour Bridge fireworks.
Unfortunately, the Sydney Opera House shows have been cancelled for 2020 due to the pandemic.
To give you an idea of what to expect in 2021, we've outlined the performances and ticket options for 2019 below. If you'd still like to visit the Opera House on the evening though, its attached venues Bennelong, Opera Kitchen and Opera Bar are hosting New Year's Eve dinners and parties.
Sydney Opera House New Year's Eve Soirée from Get Your Guide
Experience New Year's eve at Sydney Opera House and enjoy the prime views of fireworks.Highlights:
- Exclusive event
- Access to ABC NYE Concert from the Yallamundi Rooms
- Unlimited food and drinks
- From $795 per person
In previous years, La Bohème and The Opera Gala played on New Year's Eve. Their intervals are perfectly timed with the 9pm fireworks display which you can step out and see from this pristine harbour view.
Guests are welcome to stay at the Opera House until the midnight fireworks. For unparalleled views, canapes, drinks and live entertainment, there's often a Midnight Party you can book a spot into alongside your opera tickets.
Host to multiple dining and drinking venues year-on-year the Opera House puts on an event in more than just its concert halls. The 2020/2021 details are yet to be confirmed though these are the usual suspects that offer meals with views:
- Bennelong: Bennelong is serving up a five-course degustation menu, paired with premium wines, within the sails of Sydney Opera House. There are two seating options - one in the main dining room, the other at the Cured & Cultured Counter as bar-style seating. Tickets from $1,450pp.
- Opera Kitchen: Guarantee yourself a front row seat to the New Year's Eve action at Opera Kitchen. This waterfront venue has canapes, mains, deserts and beverage packages from this private viewing area. Tickets $700pp.
- Opera Bar: Each year Opera Bar hosts a themed outdoor party with food through the night. The theme this year is NYE 2020 Under The Stars and there will be live music and roving entertainment throughout the night. It is an 18+ event. Tickets $450pp.
- NYE Soiree in the Yallamundi Rooms: Celebrate the beginning of 2021 at the Yallamundi rooms at the Sydney Opera House, while supping on a four-course seated dinner, 4.5 hours of free-flowing drinks and table service up until midnight strikes for fireworks. $750pp (earlybird release) / $795pp (2nd release)
- New Year's Eve at Portside. French Champagne shall flow (for 4 long hours) and canapes shall be eaten as you sit underneath the sails with unobstructed views of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and ready yourself for a night of splendour. The 2020/2021 party has an exclusive performace by Sneaky Sound System. Tickets from $495pp (earlybird release) / $550pp (2nd release)
- Joan Sutherland Theatre: A new venue for New Year's celebrations, the northern foyer of the theatre is being decked with a select number of tables for revellers to wine, dine and celebrate on the 31st. Packages include a 5-course seated dinner, 5 hours of beverages and table service. All tables have window views for that midnight show. Tickets $850pp (earlybird release) / $895pp (2nd release).
What you should know about New Year's Eve at Sydney Opera House
Is there a dress code?
Yes, a dress code is in place for all New Year's Eve events at Sydney Opera House.
Where can I buy Sydney Opera House New Year's Eve tickets?
None of the Opera House events has been confirmed yet. We'll keep you updated here on where you can purchase tickets, if the events go ahead.
Can I watch the New Year's Eve fireworks from Sydney Opera House?
Yes. Anyone with tickets to an event or dinner on this page can view the fireworks from the venue. Check the terms and conditions on the specific event you're attending for more details about where you can access on the big night.
More guides on Finder
Amazon Prime Day 2021 Australia: Early deals on now
Amazon Prime Day 2021 officially starts on June 21 - or does it? Here's a stack of early-bird deals you can get right now.
Handypay Green Loan
A Green Loan from Handypay could help you make your home more energy-efficient. Handypay green loans are available up to $75,000 on terms of up to 10 years.
Victoria floods: How much food spoilage will your home insurance cover?
There’s been over 25,000 power outages across Victoria. Home insurance can reimburse you for the food that’s gone to waste. Find out who here.
TCL 20SE Review: Great display but otherwise unremarkable
If you're after a low-cost mobile with a quality display, the TCL 20SE is appealing, but you'll otherwise be left wanting for app performance, camera quality and battery life.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Moneyme (MME ↑18.8%), Cd Private Equity Fund I (CD1 ↑18.5%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Tuesday 15 June 2021.
Amazon Prime Day: 60% off fashion deals you’re not going to want to miss
Bargain hunters - get ready to save on Nike, New Balance, Cotton On, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein and so much more.
Amazon Prime Day best home deals: Bose, iRobot and more
From home speakers to robot vacuums, these are the items to watch out for this Prime Day.
Staple items worth a splurge and how you can grab a cheeky 30% off all of them
We've got a cheeky 30% off at THE ICONIC so here are the staple items worth a splurge because the savings are too damn good.
Ask an Expert