Sydney is famous for being one of the greatest places in the world to ring in the new year.
Pair that with a seat in the city's iconic Sydney Opera House for its New Year's Eve show and you've got a night that will be hard to forget.
Getting tickets to this event offers you a premier position to view both the 9pm and midnight fireworks.
The Sydney Opera Houses' NYE shows:
Both La Bohème and The Opera Gala's intervals are perfectly timed with the 9pm fireworks display where you can step out and see the pyrotechnics display.
Guests are welcome to stay at the Opera House until the midnight fireworks. For unparalleled views, canapes, drinks and live entertainment, you can also book a spot at the Midnight Party. This can be added alongside your opera tickets when you booked.
How much are Opera Gala at Sydney Opera House on NYE tickets?
How much are La Bohème at Sydney Opera Hosue on NYE tickets?
|E-Reserve (No Stage View), Standing and wheelchair||$199||Direct through Opera Australia|
|Platinum||$1,422||Direct through Opera Australia|
Dinners, drinks and other at Sydney Opera House on New Year's Eve:
Host to multiple dining and drinking venues, the Opera House puts on an event in more than just its concert halls. The 2019/2020 details are as follows:
- New Year's Eve at Portside. French Champagne shall flow and canapes shall be eaten as you sit underneath the sails with unobstructed views of the Sydney Harbour Bridge as you ready yourself for a night of splendour. Price: From $795 per person
- Opera Kitchen: Guarantee yourself a front row seat to the New Year's Eve action on Opera Kitchen. Get an absolute waterfront reserved table where canapes rove throughout the night and premium beverages. Finish off the night with the fireworks seen from a private viewing area. Price: From $1,295 per person (VIP Waterside Package).
- Bennelong: Savor into a five-course degustation menu, paired with premium wines, all served at Bennelong within the sails of Sydney Opera House. Price: $1,690 per person.
- Opera Bar: Each year Opera Bar hosts a themed outdoor party with food through the night. It is an 18+ event. Price: $499.50 per person.
- NYE Soiree: Celebrate the beginning of 2020 at the Yallamundi rooms at the Sydney Opera House, while supping on free-flowing champagne, beer, wine and canapés as the midnight strike for fireworks. Tickets from $666.
Is there a dress code?
For New Year's Eve events at Sydney Opera House, a dress code is in place.
Where can I buy Sydney Opera House New Year's Eve tickets?
Tickets for Platinum, Premium, A-, B-, C- and D-Reserve seats for La Bohème can be booked through Finder and tickets for Opera Gala can be purchased through Experience Oz. Just click on the seats you'd like to purchase above and you'll be able to complete your order.
Can I watch the New Year's Eve fireworks from Sydney Opera House?
If you've purchased tickets to an event or dinner listed on this page, then you'll be able to view the fireworks from the venue. Check the terms and conditions on the specific event you're attending for more details about where you can access on the big night.