Sydney Mutual Bank Special Fixed Home Loan
The Special Fixed Home Loan from Sydney Mutual Bank offers competitive fixed rates for owner-occupiers and investors.
Sydney Mutual Bank's Special Fixed Home Loan is available for both owner-occupiers and investors. The loan is also available for a deposit as small as 5% of your property's value. This makes it an option for borrowers with low deposits.
Richard Whitten is a senior writer at Finder, and has been covering home loans and the property market in Australia for the last 4 years. He has written for Yahoo Finance, Money Magazine and Homely, as well as multiple banks and lenders. Richard has a Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking, a Bachelor of Education from the University of Sydney and a Graduate Certificate in Communication. He enjoys helping people understand the ins and outs of mortgages so they can make smarter property decisions. Richard trained as a high school teacher but found it easier to manage personal finances than a classroom full of kids. Before joining Finder, he edited textbooks and taught English in South Korea.
The Sydney Mutual Bank Special Fixed Home Loan has a fixed interest rate for two or three years. After the fixed period ends, the rate reverts to a variable interest rate.
The loan has principal and interest repayments, but investors can also choose interest only repayments.
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the Sydney Mutual Bank Special Fixed Home Loan?
- Loan amount. This loan has a minimum loan amount of $100,000 and a maximum loan amount of $10,000,000.
- Loan to value ratio (minimum deposit). The maximum insured loan to value ratio on this loan is 95%. If your deposit is below 20% you may need to pay lenders mortgage insurance (LMI) as well.
- Extra repayments. This loan allows you to make up to $20,000 in extra repayments during the fixed period.
- More options. This loan lets you split your rate between fixed and variable and has a redraw facility.
- Family support option. If you have a family member who can offer their own property as security, they can guarantee your Special Fixed Home Loan. This can help you get the loan with little or no deposit, while avoiding LMI.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
The Sydney Mutual Bank Special Fixed Home Loan only has several fees, so make sure you factor these into your comparison. Some of these fees will vary depending on your borrowing situation.
- Application fee: $250. This fee is charged once, to cover the costs of processing your application.
- Settlement fee: $250. This one-off fee covers the cost of loan settlement.
- Valuation fee: $0. This fee covers the lender's cost to get your property valued.
- Legal fee: $0. This fee covers the lender's legal costs.
- Discharge fee: $180. This fee is only charged when you exit the loan.
How to apply
If you are interested in the Special Fixed Home Loan from Sydney Mutual Bank, or you want to learn more, click the green button and leave your details. A lending specialist from Sydney Mutual Bank will get in touch to help you take the next step.