Looks like you're already using the Finder app (well done!) to keep track of your energy spending. The Finder app will automatically scan your bank account for recurring bills, including your energy bill. Each day from 9 December 2020 to 20 December 2020, we'll randomly select one member with an eligible energy bill and pay their current outstanding charge up to $240. Check the app every day to see if you're a lucky winner. There are a couple of conditions and criteria that you need to meet in order to qualify, including paying at least one previous energy bill from an Australian energy provider within the last three months. You can read the full terms and conditions below.
What else does the Finder app have to offer?
Even if you aren't one of the 12 lucky members, you're still a winner with the Finder app! The app can help you track your spending across multiple financial accounts, it identifies bills for you automatically and it also gives you insights on cheaper options if they're available. Plus you can get your free credit score too!
Track where your money goes with spend analytics and get notified whenever we find a cheaper option for your utilities and financial products.
Chance of approval
Find out how likely you might be to get approved for a new loan or credit card before you've filled in a single bank or lender form.
Free credit file monitoring
Get your free credit score in the app and monitor it over time. Plus sign up for credit file monitoring to receive alerts whenever something changes on your credit report.
All the gritty details, including our competition terms and conditions
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
3. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
4. Members will be automatically entered into the Promotion after an Eligible Energy Bill is recognised and displayed in the 'Bills' section of the app. Eligible Energy Bills are any transactions recorded between 1st September 2020 until 20th December 2020 from at least one of the following Energy merchants:
- 1st Energy
- 3P Energy
- Active Utilities
- AGL Energy
- Alinta Energy
- amaysim Energy
- Amber Electric
- Apex Energy
- Arc Energy
- Aurora Energy
- Australian Power and Gas
- Balance Commodities and Energy
- Blue NRG
- Bright Spark Power
- CleanCo Queensland
- CleanPeak Energy
- CleanTech Energy
- Click Energy
- CO Zero
- Cogent Energy
- Command Power
- CPE Mascot
- CS Energy
- Delta Electricity
- Diamond Energy
- Discover Energy
- Dodo Power & Gas
- EDL Retail
- Electricity in a Box
- Elysian Energy
- Endeavour Energy
- Energy Locals
- Energy On
- Energy Queensland
- Energy Services Management
- Enova Energy
- Powershop Australia
- Progressive Green
- Q Energy
- Radian Holdings
- Real Utilities
- ReAmped Energy
- Red Energy
- Rush Energy
- Sa Power Networks
- Sanctuary Energy
- Savant Energy
- SIMEC ZEN Energy
- Simply Energy
- Smart Energy
- Social Energy
- Spark Energy
- Stanwell Corporation
- Starcorp Energy
- Sumo Power
- Sun Retail
- Sunset Power International
- Sustainable Savings
- Tango Energy
- Tas Gas
- The Embedded Networks
- Tilt Renewables
- Total Gas & Power
- Ultium Energy
- Urth Energy
- Weston Energy
- Y.E.S. Energy
5. Only one (1) entry is permitted per eligible person per draw. In the event of multiple entries, only the first will be eligible to win. Winners will be ineligible to enter later draws.
6. The Promotion commences on 10:00AM AEDT 09/12/2020. Entries close 10:00AM AEDT 20/12/2020, unless extended by the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to close the competition earlier without warning. This is a game of chance and no skill is required to enter. Winners will be notified by in-app message and mobile push notification. Winners will have 7 (SEVEN) days to accept the prize before it is forfeited.
7. A Winner must claim their prize by filling out an electric form providing the Winner's:
a) full legal name
b) full residential address
c) email address
d) BSB and account number OR PayPal account details
e) copy of the energy bill including the total amount due and due date
All Winners must submit a bill that has at least 7 (SEVEN) full business days left before the due date. If Winners submit a bill with a shorter due date, the Promoter is not liable for any late-payment fees or charges that may be incurred as a result.
8. There will be 12 Winners in total. The prize for each Winner will be the payment of their next energy bill, up to the value of $240 AUD. Should an Winner's bill be larger than $240 AUD, the Promoter will pay $240 AUD and the Winner will be liable to pay the rest. The Promoter retains no liability for any unpaid bills (either partially or in full) as a result of this Promotion. The total prize pool for the Promotion is $2,880 AUD. Winners will be chosen by random electrical draw at 10AM AEDT every day during the Promotion period.
9. Where there is no prize winner or the prize winner cannot be found, that fact will be published.
10. If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
11. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant's responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
12. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
13. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, and prize suppliers. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
14. The Promoter is Hive Empire Pty Ltd (ABN 18 118 785 121) of Level 10, Suite 45, 99 York Street, Sydney, NSW 2000.
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: 50% off car essentials at Catch, half-price meat thermometers, eBay Plus tech sale.
Red Energy Business review January 2021
Earn Qantas Points every time you pay your bill with business plans from Red Energy.
Energy Australia Business Energy Review January 2021
Take advantage of fixed rate electricity and gas for your company with Energy Australia’s Total Plan Business.
Best fridges in Australia
These are the 8 best fridges on sale right now in Australia.
Blowing their cool: Australians will spend $1.9 billion on summer aircon costs
Australians could save big on their aircon bill simply by adjusting the thermostat, new research by Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site reveals.
Electric car ownership guide
Find out how to switch from a fossil-fuel guzzler to an electric car.
Australia’s greenest insurers
Finder has recognised the insurers who are leading the way in sustainability. Find out who won.
Energy bills are Australia’s second biggest money worry
Coming second behind your mortgage.
Best split system air conditioners in Australia
Our expert team has analysed hundreds of customer reviews of split system air conditioners to determine the best available in Australia for every budget and purpose.