1. Install the Finder app
It's free and available for download on both iOS and Android devices.
This competition has now closed. Congratulations to all our winners!
It's free and available for download on both iOS and Android devices.
Sign up for a Finder member account in the app or log in with an existing account.
Connect the bank or credit account that you use to pay for your energy bills.
That's it! Once you're connected, the Finder app will automatically scan your bank account for recurring bills, including your energy bill. Each day from 9 December 2020 to 20 December 2020, we'll randomly select one member with an eligible energy bill and pay their current outstanding charge up to $240. There are a couple of conditions and criteria that you need to meet in order to qualify, including paying at least one previous energy bill from an Australian energy provider within the last three months. You can read the full terms and conditions below.
Even if you aren't one of the 12 lucky members, you're still a winner with the Finder app! The app can help you track your spending across multiple financial accounts, it identifies bills for you automatically and it also gives you insights on cheaper options if they're available. Plus you can get your free credit score too!
Effortlessly manage your money from the palm of your hand. Track your spending, see your credit score each month, get unique savings insights and see all your accounts in one place. And that's just the beginning. Pop in your phone number below to get your download link.
Congrats! You're one step ahead of the competition. As long as you've got an account connected that has paid a prior energy bill, you'll be in the running to win! Haven't connected your bank or credit account yet? No worries, connect your account now and you'll still be in with a chance to win.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
3. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
4. Members will be automatically entered into the Promotion after an Eligible Energy Bill is recognised and displayed in the 'Bills' section of the app. Eligible Energy Bills are any transactions recorded between 1st September 2020 until 20th December 2020 from at least one of the following Energy merchants:
5. Only one (1) entry is permitted per eligible person per draw. In the event of multiple entries, only the first will be eligible to win. Winners will be ineligible to enter later draws.
6. The Promotion commences on 10:00AM AEDT 09/12/2020. Entries close 10:00AM AEDT 20/12/2020, unless extended by the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to close the competition earlier without warning. This is a game of chance and no skill is required to enter. Winners will be notified by in-app message and mobile push notification. Winners will have 7 (SEVEN) days to accept the prize before it is forfeited.
7. A Winner must claim their prize by filling out an electric form providing the Winner's:
a) full legal name
b) full residential address
c) email address
d) BSB and account number OR PayPal account details
e) copy of the energy bill including the total amount due and due date
All Winners must submit a bill that has at least 7 (SEVEN) full business days left before the due date. If Winners submit a bill with a shorter due date, the Promoter is not liable for any late-payment fees or charges that may be incurred as a result.
8. There will be 12 Winners in total. The prize for each Winner will be the payment of their next energy bill, up to the value of $240 AUD. Should an Winner's bill be larger than $240 AUD, the Promoter will pay $240 AUD and the Winner will be liable to pay the rest. The Promoter retains no liability for any unpaid bills (either partially or in full) as a result of this Promotion. The total prize pool for the Promotion is $2,880 AUD. Winners will be chosen by random electrical draw at 10AM AEDT every day during the Promotion period.
9. Where there is no prize winner or the prize winner cannot be found, that fact will be published.
10. If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
11. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant's responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
12. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
13. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, and prize suppliers. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
14. The Promoter is Hive Empire Pty Ltd (ABN 18 118 785 121) of Level 10, Suite 45, 99 York Street, Sydney, NSW 2000.
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: 55% off Lay-Z Inflatable Spas, $899 Macbook Air laptops, 36% off Nespresso coffee machines.
Learn how to compare energy providers in your state with our free online tool.
These are the 8 best fridges on sale right now in Australia.
Finder research shows that Australians’ lack of electricity bill literacy could be costing them hundreds.
Head to @finder.au on Instagram for your chance to win a Dyson V8 Origin vacuum and Pure Cool Purifying desk fan. See how you can enter.
Finder is giving you and a friend the chance to win a signed copy of financial advisor Melissa Browne's new book. Here's how to enter.
@finderfit is giving you the chance to win a top-level Classpass membership valued at $1,308. Here's how to enter.
We're giving away a $2,000 voucher to spend at THE ICONIC – check out all the details and how to enter here!
Alinta Energy and AGL compete closely on price in many states.
Origin vs Simply Energy: Which brand offers better electricity rates in your state?
finder.com.au is one of Australia's leading comparison websites. We compare from a wide set of banks, insurers and product issuers. We value our editorial independence and follow editorial guidelines.
finder.com.au has access to track details from the product issuers listed on our sites. Although we provide information on the products offered by a wide range of issuers, we don't cover every available product or service.
Please note that the information published on our site should not be construed as personal advice and does not consider your personal needs and circumstances. While our site will provide you with factual information and general advice to help you make better decisions, it isn't a substitute for professional advice. You should consider whether the products or services featured on our site are appropriate for your needs. If you're unsure about anything, seek professional advice before you apply for any product or commit to any plan.
Products marked as 'Promoted' or 'Advertisement' are prominently displayed either as a result of a commercial advertising arrangement or to highlight a particular product, provider or feature. Finder may receive remuneration from the Provider if you click on the related link, purchase or enquire about the product. Finder's decision to show a 'promoted' product is neither a recommendation that the product is appropriate for you nor an indication that the product is the best in its category. We encourage you to use the tools and information we provide to compare your options.
Where our site links to particular products or displays 'Go to site' buttons, we may receive a commission, referral fee or payment when you click on those buttons or apply for a product. You can learn more about how we make money here.
When products are grouped in a table or list, the order in which they are initially sorted may be influenced by a range of factors including price, fees and discounts; commercial partnerships; product features; and brand popularity. We provide tools so you can sort and filter these lists to highlight features that matter to you.
We try to take an open and transparent approach and provide a broad-based comparison service. However, you should be aware that while we are an independently owned service, our comparison service does not include all providers or all products available in the market.
Some product issuers may provide products or offer services through multiple brands, associated companies or different labelling arrangements. This can make it difficult for consumers to compare alternatives or identify the companies behind the products. However, we aim to provide information to enable consumers to understand these issues.
Providing or obtaining an estimated insurance quote through us does not guarantee you can get the insurance. Acceptance by insurance companies is based on things like occupation, health and lifestyle. By providing you with the ability to apply for a credit card or loan, we are not guaranteeing that your application will be approved. Your application for credit products is subject to the Provider's terms and conditions as well as their application and lending criteria.