Swift Small Loans Review
Do you want a simple online loan? Apply with Swift Loans and secure a lower-than-normal payday loan interest rate.
Maximum loan amount
Within 60 minutes
10 - 52 Weeks
Term of loan
How does a loan from Swift Loans work?
You begin by submitting an online application, and this process doesn’t take much time. If you meet the required eligibility criteria Swift Loans goes on to verify your income details by referring to your bank transactions for the last three months. Upon approval, make sure you check that all the details are correct.
If you find the terms and conditions satisfactory you have to confirm that you want the loan. Once you do this, you can expect Swift Loans to transfer the funds to the nominated bank account within one hour. Just how long it takes for the money to get to you can vary depending on the financial institution you bank with.
Repayments come in the form of direct debits, so you don’t have to keep track of your repayment dates.
Comparison of Payday Loans
Whilst we don't compare loans from Swift directly, use the table below to see how they compare against other short term loans
Features to know about
- Interest. As most payday lenders who offer loans up to $2,000 will charge you the maximum they are able to by the Government – a 20% establishment fee and 4% monthly fee. Swift Loans also charges you the same 4% per month and a 20% establishment fee.
- Loan amount. You can borrow any amount in between $200 and $2,000, in increments of $50.
- Loan term. These short-term personal loans come with 10 - 52 Weeks.
- Repayment flexibility. Your repayments coincide with your salary cycle, so the repayment date will fall on the day you get paid. You can even expect a reminder email one day before the auto debit.
- No early repayment penalty. You can make as many additional payments as you like, at any time, and you don’t have to pay any penalties. Early terminations of contracts don’t attract penalties either.
- Defaulters can apply. If you have some defaults in your file you can still apply for a short-term loan from Swift Loans, as long as you have the ability to repay. Swift Loans will decline your application if you’ve defaulted on a small amount loan in the last 90 days or if you’re bankrupt.
- Quicker processing for subsequent loans. After you repay your loan completely you become a Swift VIP member, and by accessing the private member's area you can apply for a subsequent loan faster. Upon approval, you can expect access to funds sooner as well.
Fees and charges
Fees you will have to pay
- Loan establishment fee: 20% of loan amount
- Monthly account maintenance fee: 4%
- Direct debit set-up fee: $2.20 (one-time)
- Direct debit fee: $1.10 (for every direct debit)
Fees you might have to pay
- Direct debit dishonour fee: $14.50 (for each instance)
- Follow-up phone call for missed payment: $7.00 (for every such call)
- Follow-up SMS text for missed payment: $7.00 (for every such text)
- Follow-up email for missed payment: $7.00 (for every such email)
- Follow-up letter for missed payment: $7.00 (for every such letter)
- Debt recovery: If your account goes into debt recovery, you have to pay all costs associated with recovery of the debt.
How to apply for a personal loan from Swift Loans
Applying for a Swift Loans personal loan is rather straightforward and the process takes no more than a few minutes. To apply now, simply click on the ‘Go to Site’ button. Before applying, ensure that you meet the following eligibility criteria.
- You’re at least 18 years old
- You’re a permanent Australian resident
- You have a regular source of income
The application requires you to part with certain information to check if you qualify, so prepare to provide the following.
- Loan purpose. Choose from a drop-down menu with options like home repairs, purchase of appliances, medical bills, wedding expenses, and so on.
- Income details. This section requires details of how much you get paid and how often. Provide your next pay date as well.
- Spending details. These include rental or home loan repayments, living expenses, and details about existing debts.
If you need money in a hurry, applying for a Swift Loans short-term loan can help, but since you have other options, make sure take some time to compare a few.