Swery65, creator of Deadly Premonition, is making an RPG about cats
Only Swery could come up with something this bizarre.
How do you follow up the eccentric absurdity of the Twin Peaks-inspired Deadly Premonition? Why, with an RPG about an English village where everyone transforms into a cat when the sun goes down, of course!
Titled The Good Life, the oddball RPG is the brainchild of the delightfully unpredictable Swery65 and his new studio, White Owls. Like Swery's previous games Deadly Premonition and D4: Dark Dreams Don’t Die, The Good Life promises to embrace weirdness in a way few games ever do.
"I'm positive that the happiest town in the world and the most bizarre townspeople in the world will capture your heart and pull you deep into their world," said Swery.
The Good Life will take place in the town of Rainy Woods, with players taking on the role of photographer Naomi. By transforming into a cat, you'll be able to explore new areas of the town and uncover clues connected to the game's narrative.
White Owls is taking to the crowdfunding platform Fig to bring The Good Life to fruition. The game's funding campaign will kick off on 3 September, with no word yet on how much White Owls will be looking to raise.
- Secret of Mana Review (PS4): What the hell did you do Square Enix?
- Save up to 70% on Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, The Division and more in Humble Store’s Ubisoft sale
- GAMDIAS ACHILLES M1-L gaming chair review
- Why Far Cry needs another double dose of malaria
- E-League FIFA 18 competition kicks off tonight on Fox Sports