The SureSave Budget Policy offers a basic level of cover at a competitive price; the perfect solution for the money-conscious traveller
Travelling abroad on vacation can be a very exciting experience, whether you are travelling alone or with your whole family. While it’s not pleasant to consider the possibility of something going wrong on their holiday, unforeseen events do happen and can have devastating effects — both on your family’s health and wellbeing.
However, taking out a suitable travel insurance policy is one way to lessen the blow of an unexpected event could have on your family. There are different levels of travel insurance available from SureSave and for those on a budget, there is the SureSave Budget policy. The SureSave Budget policy offers a standard level of cover for travellers at a very competitive price, making it a great choice if you want affordable protection.
SureSave Budget Policy Options
At SureSave there are a variety of policy options to choose from, which makes it easier for you to find a plan that is suited to your needs … and more importantly your pocket. If you opt for the SureSave Budget Travel Insurance plan you can choose either individual or family cover. In addition to this, you have the option of selecting from:
- Single trip. A single trip policy covers you for just one trip. If you are just going on a one off trip you will find that the single trip policy is ideal.
- Annual multi-trip. An annual multi-trip policy provides year round cover for multiple trips both domestic and abroad. If you are a bit of a ‘jetsetter’ the this is the most cost effective option.
What Countries Can I Travel to With a SureSave Budget Policy?
The SureSave Budget Travel policy is designed for those who are planning an overseas trip on a budget. This policy is available to everyone, irrespective of their residency or citizenship. The only caveat being that the planned trip must be travelling to or emanating from Australia.
What is Covered by the SureSave Budget Policy?
The SureSave Budget Travel policy provides a range of protective benefits and features. While cover provided by the SureSave Budget policy is not as expansive as the SureSave Comprehensive Travel Insurance policy, it does provider travellers with an adequate amount of protection. Some of the benefits covered under this plan include:
- Overseas medical expenses. With the SureSave Budget Travel policy you benefit from unlimited cover for medical expenses while overseas. The policy also covers your for emergency dental, additional medical expenses and medical evacuation.
- Cancellation. If your travel plans have to be cancelled because of unforeseen circumstances, you may experience a considerable financial loss. However, the SureSave Budget Travel policy you provides a benefit of up to $5,000 for single and $10,000 for family cover.
- Luggage and personal effects. A common travel concern is luggage or personal effects being lost, stolen, or damaged. With SureSave Budget Travel policy you can benefit from cover of up to $5,000 for luggage and personal effects that are lost, stolen, or damaged.
- Travel delays.The SureSave Budget Travel policy provides protection in the event of serious travel delays. If you are subjected to lengthy travel delays as a result of unexpected circumstances, you will be covered for up to maximum of $500.
- Personal liability. If events conspire and leave you legally liable for damages and costs the SureSave Budget Travel policy provides a comprehensive benefit for personal liability coverage of up to $1 million.
The level of coverage that comes with the budget travel insurance plan from SureSave is not as high as the protection you get with the comprehensive plan. However, for those who simply want a more basic level of coverage and protection for a lower premium, this travel insurance plan could prove ideal.
Apply for a SureSave Budget Policy
If you are considering the SureSave Budget Travel policy, there are a number of other factors you should consider. First, ensure you have read the fine print of the PDS, this way you will be confident knowing what is and is not covered. Additionally, you will be able to make a more informed choice with regards to whether this is the right cover for your needs.
Second and finally, it is worth bearing in mind that you can boost the level of protection by adding on or enhancing certain benefits for an additional fee. If there is a particular benefit that you want but is not included as standard on the SureSave Budget Policy, you may be able to have added on as an additional extra without having to pay to take out comprehensive cover.