Superhero Super: How to invest your super with Superhero
Superhero Super offers two different investment options which both give members more control over how their super is invested.
Superhero Super offers the ability to have more control over how your super is invested by giving you the ability to pick your own shares and exchange traded funds. Superhero Super offers two different ways to invest, depending on how hands-on you want to be with your super.
Past performance - 1 year
Past performance - 5 Years
Annual fees on $50k balance
What are the key features of Superhero Super?
- Buy individual shares. Superhero Super allows you to select individual ASX shares and ETFs to invest a portion of your super into.
- Two investment options. There are two different investment options to choose between, Control and Autopilot, based on how much control you want to have.
- Choose your level of control. The Control option allows you to invest up to 75% of your super directly into individual shares and ETFs. The Autopilot option allows you to invest up to 30% of your super into different investment themes.
- Insurance cover. Both investment options have Life and Total Permanent Disability cover as an optional inclusion if you choose to have this.
- Link to trading app. You can manage your super alongside your Superhero trading account.
- Company Accounts available. You can create an account for your Trust or SMSF by creating a Company Account.
What investment options does Superhero Super offer?
Superhero Super offers two different investment options. The option you choose will depend on how much control you want to have over how your super is invested.
Option 1: Autopilot
If you invest your super in the Autopilot option, at least 70% of your super balance will be invested in an index ETF as selected by Superhero. This index investment option tracks the Vanguard Diversified Balanced Index ETF, which has a mix of defensive and growth asset allocation including bonds and shares. You can also choose to invest more than 70% of your balance in the managed index fund, but no less than 70%.
You can invest the remaining 30% of your balance in a variety of themed ETFs (you can't invest more than 30% of your balance in these themed ETFs). There are six different themed ETFs to choose from, including: US Tech; Asia Tech; Global Healthcare; Global Sustainability; Gold; High Interest Cash.
You can invest up to 30% of our balance in one ETF or a mix of all six. For example, you might choose to invest the full 30% into the Global Healthcare theme or split it up between a few of them.
Option 2: Control
The Control investment option allows you much more control over where your super is invested, and allows you to invest directly into individual shares and ETFs. You need to invest at least 25% of your balance in Superhero's chosen index ETF (Vanguard Diversified Balanced Index ETF), and up to 75% can be invested directly in ASX300 shares and ETFs.
This means you can choose individual shares and ETFs listed on the ASX and how much of your balance you'd like to invest in each one (up to a maximum of 75%). There's no limit around how many individual shares you invest in and how often you switch these, however keep in mind there are brokerage fees for each trade (more on this below).
Because you have control over how your super is invested, the performance returns will vary depending on your investment choices and how each stock or ETF performs.
Superhero Super fees
Here's a breakdown of the fees for each investment option.
- Annual admin fees: $52 + 0.49% p.a. of your account balance
- Indirect cost ratio: 0.26% p.a.
- Brokerage: 0.11% of the transaction value when trading one of the themed ETFs (this includes buying and selling)
The total annual fees will depend on how often you trade the themed ETFs, so every member will have different annual fees.
- Annual admin fees: $108 + 0.49% p.a. of your account balance
- Indirect cost ratio: 0.27% p.a.
- Brokerage: $5 per trade (this includes each time you buy or sell)
The total annual fees will depend on how often you trade shares and ETFs, so every member will have different annual fees.
How to join Superhero Super
You can follow these steps to join Superhero Super:
- Create an account. Download the Superhero app and create an account. You'll need to have some proof of ID to verify you identity when creating your account.
- Choose you investments. Select which investment option you want (Autopilot or control) and how you'd like to invest you balance.
- Transfer your super. If you want to bring your super over from another fund, you can enter in your super account details and Superhero will organise the transfer over to your new account.