Super Mario Run has left the App Store [UPDATE]
The moustachioed plumber has bid Apple farewell for the time being.
Approximately nine hours after vanishing from the App Store, Super Mario Run has magically reappeared without so much as a word of explanation from Nintendo. On the game's update history, its latest entry (dated today) simply says "Implemented bug fixes". Informative, that. Here's hoping it doesn't happen again.
In typically bizarre Nintendo fashion, Super Mario Run has disappeared from the iTunes App Store this morning.
Nintendo provided no warning regarding the game's sudden removal and if you go and search for it through iTunes, the only thing you'll find is the Super Mario Run Stickers app for adding Mario-themed stickers to iOS messages.
Even weirder, Super Mario Run is still available on Google Play, so this isn't some sort of total wipe, either.
It's possible that the app was removed for some sort of maintenance or comprehensive update, but, as usual, Nintendo has remained completely mum on the subject. Fortunately, if you've already bought the game, you can still download it from your purchases list within the App Store.
We'll let you know if and when the game makes its return, or when Nintendo provides an explanation for the bizarre situation.
- 56 rising esports stars added to the roster for next week’s Gfinity Elite Series debut
- [UPDATE] Razer Blade 15 and Core X revealed: Australian pricing and release date
- Detroit: Become Human Review: No fate but what we manage to screw up in a QTE
- The PS5 will launch in 2020 hints Sony CEO John Kodera
- Perth will be the first to turn when the zombie apocalypse hits