Super Mario Odyssey brings Mario to the real world
The Nintendo Switch's first Mario title will be open world sandbox.
During Tokyo's live Nintendo Switch stream, Nintendo revealed the Switch's first Mario title, Super Mario Odyssey.
In the brief trailer, we see Mario jump from a sewer and onto a street, a street in the real world. We then see Mario running past traditionally proportioned humans who seem stunned by the stumpy plumber's appearance.
What follows is a series of Mario stunts and some Assassin's Creed-like climbing. Mario seems to travel to a few more locations afterwards. An arid desert, a lush jungle and many more. We even got a quick glimpse at some of Odyssey's bosses, a few of which were very reminiscent of some Mario Galaxy's .
Unfortunately, Super Mario Odyssey won't be a launch title. However, it was suggested it will be ready for release by Christmas 2017.
At the event, Nintendo announced a huge number of titles (full list coming soon) and also revealed an official release date and pricing.
- Razer Blade 15 and Core X revealed: Everything you need to know
- Perth will be the first to turn when the zombie apocalypse hits
- Where to find the best price on State of Decay 2 in Australia
- Battle Royale: Treyarch says it will “do it best and better than” Fortnite, PUBG
- Rick and Morty Virtual Rick-ality Review: Show Me What You Got (in VR)